Posted on: May 6, 2021
- Observe and follow plant environmental and operational rules,
procedures and guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce safety procedures as required by
ORMAT, CAPP, and OSHA.
- Ensure work is done in compliance with electrical (NEC and
- Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair low and high
voltage electrical equipment.
- Install and calibrate analog and discrete instrumentation and
- Read, understand and effectively utilize technical information
from electrical schematics, vendor information, procedures and
- Perform voltage, current and arc flash calculations.
- Perform arc flash calculations.
- Calibrate and use test equipment associated with the power
plant electrical and safety systems.
- Participate in planning and scheduling maintenance
- Create and modify reports and records associated with the
electrical systems of the power plant.
- Perform corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance tasks
- Provide recommendations for reliability improvements.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and
exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for
continuous period of time and read and understand maps.
- Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays when
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to travel extensively to other locations,
including rural areas to work on other projects.
- Perform environmental and general housekeeping duties.
- Attend Monthly Safety and Maintenance training.
- Perform other duties as directed. Pay: DOE Job Requirements:
- The ability to understand procedures and instructions specific
to the areas of assignment as would be acquired in three to four
years of high school.
- Three (3) years of experience in the power generation or
similar process industries.
- Hands-on experience in operations, maintenance and project
implementation related to power production, turbine-generators,
auxiliary equipment, power and control systems.
- The ability to read process control documentation such as
process flow diagrams, control logic block diagrams, piping and
instrumentation diagrams, electrical schematics, circuit diagrams
and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to methodically troubleshoot electrical and control
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English at a
level that will permit the employee to understand and communicate
information in a manner that will enable the employee to safely and
efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of
computer software applications in word processing,
- spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in
MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver's license with a
driving record acceptable to ORMAT's auto insurance carrier.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
- The ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions
and 50 pounds from the floor to the waist.
- Must be able to climb ladders, climb to and work off of
elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in harsh weather
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some
- Job requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time
with moderate bending, stooping, and kneeling.
Keywords: Manpower, Sparks , EI&C Technician, Engineering , Fallon, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!