Company: Cyanco International LLC
Posted on: May 11, 2022
OverviewThe Process Engineer will provide engineering and
technical support by monitoring, controlling and evaluating the
operational performance of Cyanco's production plants. She/he will
work to optimize all production processes to improve performance
and quality, reduce cost, and support process implementations.
She/he will also use safe, data driven solutions to help achieve
the businesses objectives.Essential Duties
- Monitor and control plant processes and systems to achieve
manufacturing excellence, with a focus on raw material usage, stock
and site control, utility minimization, and plant reliability.
- Manage stock and maintain accountability for balancing the
stock and plant rate.
- Maintain ownership and accountability for plant piping and
instrument diagrams (PFD/PID).
- Lead plant start up activities and new process roll outs to
ensure that procedures are followed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of operating
procedures and system manuals.
- Ensure that all processes are compliant with relevant permits,
regulatory and company standards.
- Measure and report on production lost tons reporting and Total
Equipment; effective performance measurement and reporting
- Assist plant managers as needed with production scheduling and
- Monitor lab results for each process stream including raw
material, products and effluents. Identify improvements /
corrections and take appropriate actions based on the correction
- Monitor equipment performance on a regular basis. Perform
efficiency checks for key equipment and resolve any identified
bottlenecks or performance issues.
- Lead and/or participate in investigations of process
interruptions; contribute to HAZOPs (PPSR/PHA/PSM), root cause
analysis, etc. Implement corrective actions as needed.
- Identify, prioritize and implement process improvement
initiatives to reduce cost, improve quality, and support new
process roll outs.
- Responsible for overseeing the change management process.
- Provide technical support for plant operation, process
start-ups, operating procedures, etc.; troubleshoot and resolve
issues as needed.
- Contribute to the development and skills of the operations
team. Lead and/or participate in training programs to ensure
process knowledge and operating competence. Non-Essential Duties:
Performs all other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient at developing, evaluating, adapting and modifying
plant production, chemical processes, warehouse techniques,
- Experienced working in a large-scale chemical production
- Ability to handle and correlate large amounts data with
- Thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task throughout the day and
willingness to work in collaborative teams across boundaries.
- Takes accountability for key result areas, achieves results and
continuously seeks to improve standards
- Continually challenges the way things have been done and seeks
best practices when developing solutions or overcoming issues
- Communicates openly, honestly and in a professional manner;
presents ideas in a clear, concise and organized manner (both
verbally & in written form)
- Uses safety systems and processes to the required
- Able to work within and support Cyanco's Core ValuesMinimum
Education and Certification
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required; chemical
- 3+ years in an industrial / manufacturing / chemical / mineral
processing industry, required
- A track record of identifying and delivering significant
process improvementsPhysical Demands Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The following physical demands are required
for this position:
- Able to wear a respirator and other personal protective
- Able to work outside for long periods of time and able to work
in inclement weather
- Regularly sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with
hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Required to regularly use technology tools including computers,
cell phones, etc.
- Able to use computers and/or monitors for significant amounts
- Required to stand, walk, and stoop; able to frequently ascend
and descend stairs
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able to drive at nightCyanco's Core Values are an integral part
of who we are as a company and how we achieve our Mission and
- Safety: We will always work to the highest safety standards,
relying on all Cyanco employees to help manage risk with vigilance
- Accountability: We are accountable for ourselves, our
colleagues, our customers and our company
- Continuous Improvement: We work to deliver outstanding results
by building a culture of exceptional execution and rewarding those
who create great outcomes
- Customer Focus: Cyanco exists to serve its customers. Every
decision we make and every outcome we measure is based on how well
it serves those customers
- Teamwork: We step up as fully committed team members,
inspiring, challenging and supporting each other to be our
- Trust: We're honest, transparent and committed to doing what's
best for our customers and our company This job description is a
summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an
employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties
someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to
perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title
or routine job duties. PI177159674
Keywords: Cyanco International LLC, Sparks , Process Engineer, Engineering , Winnemucca, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!