Company: Cyanco International LLC
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Process Safety Management (PSM) Engineer will oversee and
provide technical support for PSM initiatives and ensure compliance
to applicable process safety regulations at Cyanco's Winnemucca
production facility. S/he will oversee the PSM program, participate
in incident investigations and support capital projects. They will
also drive successful resolution of PSM issues by working with
operational teams, lead PSM and compliance audits, and support
continuous improvement initiatives. They will utilize their
extensive knowledge and experience to contribute to multiple and
complex issues. Essential Duties
- Oversee and coordinate all Process Safety Management elements,
with an emphasis Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard
Analysis (PHA), mechanical integrity, and incident
- Create, develop, and improve existing PSM program elements to
improve process safety, employee health and safety, and
environmental compliance throughout the site.
- Lead and/or facilitate PHA and HAZOP studies and process unit
- Work closely with maintenance to build and maintain mechanical
integrity PSM management system.
- Work closely with production teams to transform PSM standards
into effective work processes.
- Lead and participate in PSM reviews, PSM audits, and compliance
and operational audits. Coordinate these activities with
operational teams as needed.
- Provide support, guidance, and oversight for individual MOC
owners to ensure deliverables are completed on time and in line
with PSM program requirements.
- Support and provide oversight for Pre-Start Up Safety Reviews
- Provide Process Safety, MOC, risk assessment, and PSI training
to educate employees, new hires, managers and contractors and to
improve safety awareness and support Cyanco's safety culture.
- Collaborate with operations and engineers to scope and
prioritize capital improvement projects.
- Ensure all current applicable PSM regulations are referenced
and incorporated within Cyanco services and compliance
- Act as liaison between Cyanco and state, safety and
- Approximately 50% travel time each month. Non-Essential Duties:
Performs all other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and
- Strong knowledge of PSM as it applies to chemicals,
manufacturing, maintenance or safety.
- Solid knowledge of Chemical Engineering principles and safety
systems and regulations.
- Working knowledge of industry standards and regulations;
familiar with OSHA 1910 standards.
- Excellent organizational skills and a systematic approach to
problem definition and solution development.
- Experience in PSM auditing, auditing methodology, and
- Ability to effectively lead and implement change within an
- Strong leadership skills including but not limited to coaching,
mentoring, performance management, team building, problem
resolution, active listening, training and development.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically, act tactically
and embrace rapid change.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Strong
presentation skills, with the ability to speak comfortably to small
and large groups.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead
multidisciplinary projects or strategic initiatives impacting the
organization. Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently, with limited
- Seeks opportunities to enhance technical understanding of
- Able to work within and support Cyanco's Core Values. Minimum
Education and Certification
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering Minimum Experience
- 5-10 years in PSM-covered chemical plant Physical Requirement
Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions
- Regularly required to sit, handle or feel; reach with hands and
arms; and talk or hear
- Required to regularly use technology tools including computers,
cell phones, etc.
- Required to stand, walk, and squat
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to carry objects weighing up to 30 pounds C yanco's
Core Values are an integral part of who we are as a company and how
we achieve our Mission and Vision:
- Safety: We will always work to the highest safety standards,
relying on all Cyanco employees to help manage risk with vigilance
- Accountability: We are accountable for ourselves, our
colleagues, our customers and our company
- Continuous Improvement: We work to deliver outstanding results
by building a culture of exceptional execution and rewarding those
who create great outcomes
- Customer Focus: Cyanco exists to serve its customers. Every
decision we make and every outcome we measure is based on how well
it serves those customers
- Teamwork: We step up as fully committed team members,
inspiring, challenging and supporting each other to be our
- Trust: We're honest, transparent and committed to doing what's
best for our customers and our company This job description is a
summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an
employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties
someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to
perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title
or routine job duties PI177159623
Keywords: Cyanco International LLC, Sparks , PSM Engineer, Engineering , Winnemucca, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!