Continuous Improvement / Industrial Engineer / Technician
Company: SCHLUTER SYSTEMS L.P.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Description:Position: Continuous Improvement / Industrial
Engineer / TechnicianLocation: Reno, NVReports To: General
Sign-On Bonus $1000.00, $500.00 after 3months of employment and
$500.00 after 6 months of employment.Job SummaryThe Continuous
Improvement / Industrial Engineer / Technician role will be
responsible for helping lead efforts in conjunction with leadership
to increase productivity and maximize efficiency (distribution,
warehouse etc.) They will provide expertise in leading LEAN
initiatives, identifying process improvement opportunities,
quantifying results, and trends, and directing teams to achieve
desired results. They will work closely with all levels of
leadership and employees to support the analysis, planning, design,
implementation and evaluation of key projects and continuous
improvement strategies to help Schluter Systems, LP. achieve its
rapid growth goals.Primary Responsibilities
- Working with Leadership to develop a strong improvement culture
and processes in the company that will reduce nonvalue added waste,
improve customer service, reduce cycle times, and increase
- Help lead continuous improvement initiatives and projects
- Visual Management boards
- Kanban system strategies - for inventory and non-inventory
- Workstation design / 5S
- Standardized work
- Eliminating Waste and non-value add
- Problem solving issues and detractors ( root cause)
- May involve some travel for multi-site warehouse and
distribution improvement project
- Help create collaborative teams focused on improving their
- Become an expert in all aspect of Warehouse Management Systems
and ERP/ MRP systems
- Ability to analyze performance and identify and drive
opportunities for improvement.
- Help create standard operating procedures where needed
- Communication: Writes/ speaks and presents clearly across a
variety of settings, Adjusts communication style by articulating
technical concepts to non-technical groups.
- Plan and implement changes to warehouse layout and pick pack
areas for improved flow and efficiency
- Re-slotting part for improved picking efficiency.
- 2-4-year degree Industrial Technology or Engineering or
- 0-3+ years' experience working in Warehouse / Distribution
environment depending on education.Continuous Improvement
- A "hands-on" self-starter, detail oriented, with effective
communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of warehouse and distribution
- Experience in working, teaching, coaching, and motivating
people at all positions (hourly to executive)
- Active listener with the ability to observe and ask questions
to understand the situation / problems and be supportive and
non-judgmental at all times
- Lead by example
- Strong Problem solving and root cause decision making
- Very Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio,
etc.) and ability to learn new computer systems.
- Experience in using data to align and educate
Keywords: SCHLUTER SYSTEMS L.P., Sparks , Continuous Improvement / Industrial Engineer / Technician, Engineering , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!