Senior Applications Engineer
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Responsible for the technical sale of Haws products with a
specific focus on tempering solutions. Acts as the primary
technical interface during the sales process, reviews and
understands the customers' project requirements, develops
competitive product solutions and proposal packages leading to
purchase orders for NA region. Responsible for developing and
implementing processes, procedures, tools and reports for quoting
Haws tempering systems.
This individual will have a self-initiating, results-oriented
disposition and responsible for creating solutions to multiple
projects in a timely manner.
Accountabilities: Technical Evaluation & Proposal, PO handover,
Change Orders, Cost accuracy/statistics, Sales & Customer service
support, Process standardization
**Job Duties: **
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the pre-sales process,
including:- Technical analysis of customer requirements to
determine the most cost-effective and practical solution to meet
the customers' needs.
- Cost estimate for the proposed solution(s), ensuring the final
quotation captures all costs for the project (product design,
- Proposal package including quotation, technical data sheet,
preliminary technical drawings, exceptions/clarifications table,
- Technical negotiation with customers.
- Coordinates meetings internally and/or with customers to work
through design constraints, clarify system parameters and address
customer concerns as needed.
- Acts as the primary technical contact for Engineering,
Procurement and Construction (EPC) firms, end users and
distributors throughout the pre-sales process, clarifying
requirements and answering questions as they arise.
- Regularly interacts with Sales Team, Customer Service, Project
Engineering, Project Management, Product Management and
- - Reviews incoming POs and hand over packet. Conveys customers'
requirements and proposed solution clearly to Project Engineering
and Project Management to ensure smooth and thorough transition
from pre- to post-sales.
- Tracks and reports out project cost performance (budget versus
actuals), analyzes cost and profitability after project
- Supports the review and execution of submittal and production
drawings, as needed. Works with assembly team and Project Engineers
to resolve any issues, as requested.
- Creates change order cost calculations and quotations.
- Maintains the product execution and design specifications set
in accordance with business priorities. Ensures that components and
assemblies comply with applicable industry, business and locale
- Uses Microsoft D365 system for customer accounts,
opportunities, and quotes.
- Might be assigned general engineering projects including
Specials, product development and cost out projects. These
assignments might require usage of ECO and PDM systems, creating
drawings, BOM's, O&Ms and Operations sheets.
- Engages other engineers and Product Management resources as
necessary to "get the job done".
- Leads designers and other engineers when necessary and tracks
their assignments to meet commitments.
**General Job Duties: **
- Develop a deep understanding of the Haws product line.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on activities along the
- Continually look for ways to improve current product line and
- Is an ambassador of quality.
- Report activity progress, status and issues to Management and
other stakeholders, escalating issues for resolution as
- Demonstrates urgency and capabilities to address and resolve
issues quickly and prioritize as needed.
- Delivers the best engineering solution while considering
serviceability, manufacturability, cost positioning and program
- Keep abreast of competitor products.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each job duty satisfactorily. The ideal candidate must be
able to interface and communicate with customers and co-workers in
a clear and professional manner. The individual must be able to
work effectively in a self-directed environment, with a strong
technical aptitude and passion for problem solving.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical
degree from college or university with 5 years design engineering
experience in the industrial market; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Prior experience with industry standards
including ANSI, CSA and UL. Familiarity with NFPA and NEC codes for
equipment designed for hazardous environments.
Keywords: Haws, Sparks , Senior Applications Engineer, Engineering , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!