Industrial Controls Engineer
Company: RIX INDUSTRIES
Posted on: November 14, 2023
RIX Industries is a global leader in pneumatic energy storage
and transfer system solutions, including reciprocating compressors,
gas generators and liquefiers for a wide variety of military and
commercial applications. RIX specializes in applying oil-free
technology to high-pressure solutions used in highly demanding
environments. RIX has been in business since 1878 and has been
proudly supporting our US Armed Forces for over 120 years. With a
solid industry reputation for reliability and excellence, RIX is
the established leader in American-made compressor engineering and
manufacturing.Position SummaryThe Industrial Controls Engineer is
responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of power
systems, power management and control systems. Experience with both
hardware and software is required. Responsibilities
- Engineer to support project design scope.
- Design and develop control circuits using PLCs or relays logic
for machine control.
- Design and develop electrical and power distribution for
- Support power systems such as
- DC voltage: up to 1000VDC,
- 3 phase voltage: 480VAC
- Single phase low voltage control: 120VAC.
- Evaluate, analyze, and select electrical components.
- Assist other engineers with designing power systems
- Assist with the electrical power system documentation including
system configuration, equipment ratings and settings.
- May support circuit and system measurements and help write
reports relating to: EMF, electrical load, voltage, and power
- Provide analytical support and direction for the Electrical
Engineering and Test Engineering teams.
- Support manufacturing engineering with electrical production
questions. Provide electrical engineering support to field service
- Travel to customer sites to provide engineering support.Minimum
- B.S. in electrical engineering or related discipline.
- Proficient with AutoCAD Electrical or equivalent
- Proficient with electrical component selection.
- Proficient in Ladder Logic and PLC programming.
- Completed (designed/built/tested) electric control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen or qualified U.S. Person in
accordance with ALU 22CFR 120.15. Preferred Qualifications
- M.S. in electrical engineering with emphasis in power system
design and management.
- Design and integrate power connections for marine
- 5+ years' of electrical schematic and control design.
- 5+ years' in working experience in marine power design and
- 5+ years' experience designing hardware testing systems for
- 5+ years' experience with first article design and testing.
Physical Requirements & Work EnvironmentThis position is regularly
exposed to the following conditions:
- Manufacturing, warehouse, and office environments
- While working near moving equipment, mechanical parts, and lift
trucks; must have the ability to follow safe operating
- May be exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals.Must
have the following physical abilities:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch, reach, and
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods at a desk or table
as well as machine tools or printers.Equal OpportunityRIX
Industries is committed to a continuing program of equal employment
opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with
RIX Industries, regardless of their sex, race, color, age,
religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic
characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity
or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status,
genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or
related conditions (or any other group or category within the
framework of the applicable discrimination laws and
Keywords: RIX INDUSTRIES, Sparks , Industrial Controls Engineer, Engineering , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!