Posted on: January 28, 2019
Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Chooses to work safely and embraces our Guardian Angel Safety Culture
- Maintains and repairs aggregate processing plant and machinery
- Maximizes use of time by planning work and setting priorities
- Other duties as assigned by Management Job Description:
Responsible for repairing a variety of processing equipment used in aggregate mining as part of a team or small group. Perform daily inspection of service vehicle. Use a wide variety of skills to maintain or repair equipment used to process aggregates, including conveyors, screen decks, cone crushers, feeders, and pumps. Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment.
- Prioritizes SAFETY, then QUALITY, followed by PRODUCTION.
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times.
- Ability to conduct pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and vehicles. Ensures proper maintenance and reporting.
- Repairs and maintains processing plant as required. Example responsibilities include:
- Replace shaft mount gear reducers
- Cut out and replace wear metal liners
- Replace pillow block bearings
- Repair and replace conveyor idlers and pulleys
- Splice conveyor belts
- Remove, remount and align electric motors
- Fabricate in steel as necessary
- Assist in replacing cone crusher wear liners
- Assist in replacing screen box shaft, or feeder shaft bearings
- Operate heavy equipment as needed
- Operate and work from man lift
- Change oils and lubricants
- Other duties as assigned by Management QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three years of experience in industrial maintenance.
- Able to operate oxy/acetylene torch and arc weld, air arc experience a plus.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Able to work in a variety of settings including at height, in tight spaces and awkward positions.
- Lift approximately 50 lbs., to carry parts and tools to all areas of the plant.
- Climb as high as 75 feet from the ground on a ladder.
- Must be able to work as much as 14 hours in one day and as many as 75 hours in a six day week.
- Work outside in all weather conditions consisting of heat, cold, dust, wet, and dry.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with normal shift being 2pm to 12am
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner. This job requires the ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses or goggles, steel-toed boots, hearing protection, safety reflective vest, welding helmet and leathers, respirator, full body harness. Requirements:
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to pass drug screen and physical
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident - Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program - for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: MartinMariettaMaterials, Sparks , Plant Maintenance/Mechanic, Engineering , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!