Process Engineer, Gigafactory 1
Posted on: May 11, 2019
* Analyze and optimize production processes to ensure safety while
maximizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) in cost effective
means while driving to achieve world-class quality levels.
* Champion continuous improvement projects (CIP) to maximize yield,
capacity, and capability.
* Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop
processes, procedures, tooling, and assembly fixtures.
* Work with cross-functional teams to develop, validate, and
improve processes used in manufacturing and manufacturability of
* Enable data driven operational and financial decisions through
predictive insights into tool and process performance, including
integration of factory data systems and use of software such as
MySQL, Python, R, JMP, Tableau and Ignition.
* Utilize structured problem solving techniques such as Design of
Experiments (DoE), Five Why (5W) and Eight Disciplines (8D).
* Monitor and reduce process variation using techniques such as
Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement Systems Analysis
* Participate in the transition of a product from concept to pilot
line production and into mass manufacturing.
* Monitor and audit manufacturing processes to ensure product
specifications and standards are achieved.
* Create and maintain Manufacturing Instructions, routings, and
* Participate in the development and maintenance of FMEAs and
* Implement and support Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
* Analyze, develop, process, and implement Engineering Change
* Develop and modify line layouts, including material flow, waste
reduction, and ergonomics, utilizing Lean Manufacturing best
* Disposition Non-Conforming Material
* Develop and train sustaining technicians
* Assist in the training of operators as needed.
* B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering; or
equivalent or the equivalent in experience and evidence of
* Minimally 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
* Must possess process engineering skills (process
development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, constraint
analysis, flow optimization, root cause analysis, etc.)
* Strong team working skills at all levels of an organization,
especially skilled at working with direct labor to understand
challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using
* Good understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design,
process validation, assembly methods, design reviews and cost
* Previous experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
* Experience breaking down high-level (e.g. device level)
performance issues into addressable action items.
* Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying
statistics to process measurement and control.
* Strong skills with common workplace software (word processor,
spreadsheet, database, etc).
* Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical and electrical
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other
factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Tesla, Sparks , Process Engineer, Gigafactory 1, Engineering , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!