IT Operations Manager II
Company: Sierra Nevada Corporation
Posted on: August 21, 2020
The IT Manager II, IT Operations oversees cloud and data center
services, and related functions at Sierra Nevada Corporation
ensuring all aspects adhere to the highest operational and
compliance standards. He/she is responsible for implementing
strategic cloud and data center improvement initiatives across
people, process and technology. He/she will ensure compute,
storage, and related technology effectiveness; facilitate the
implementation of automation, process & tool design; and drive the
identification of CSF's and KPI's to measure and track service
improvement initiatives.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage and execute the deployment, monitoring, maintenance,
development, upgrade, and support of IT systems, including server
operating systems, hardware, software, data center infrastructure,
and cloud services.
- Lead a team responsible for the build, enhance, and maintaining
of a highly reliable and scalable hybrid cloud platform.
- Support the IT department's operational and strategic planning,
including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing
and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the
improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems
requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Manage financial aspects (as assigned) including purchasing and
budgeting of on-prem and cloud services, as well as contributing to
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses
for IT spending and initiatives
- Approve and oversee IT projects within assigned group and/or as
- Assist in the development and implementation of IT policies and
procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster
recovery, standards, and service provision
- Oversee asset management for IT hardware, software, and
equipment related to infrastructure equipment
- Hire, manage and retain top talentQualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
or equivalent related work experience
- 10+ years experience in an enterprise IT organization with at
least 6 years of IT management
- Expertise in building foundational platforms that are highly
reliable, available and scalable; proven experience supporting the
platform in a 24x7 environment.
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, GPC or Azure) infrastructure
- Experience at driving automation and leading efforts to create
efficient, scalable, automated solutions.
- Strong understanding and enthusiasm for emerging
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security
Clearance is requiredIMPORTANT NOTICE:This position requires the
ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an
active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may
not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of
Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal
government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security
clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative
factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination
include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign
influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security
violations and illegal drug use. Sierra Nevada Corporation is an
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability /
Veteran, or any other protected statuspursuant to applicable local,
state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
Keywords: Sierra Nevada Corporation, Sparks , IT Operations Manager II, Executive , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!