Director of Global Product Line - Emergency Equipment
Company: HAWS CORPORATION
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Position Type: Full Time Salary Range: Undisclosed Job Shift:
Day Shift Essential Functions Accountabilities:
- Leadership, Management, & Accountability of direct reports
- Emergency Equipment P&L
- Emergency Equipment Product Line (current, new and
- Emergency Equipment competitive analysis
- Emergency Equipment Subject Matter Expert Essential Functions:
Responsible for running the Global Haws Emergency Equipment
business within the Haws regional functions and the P&L of that
entire product line. Also responsible for developing and
implementing product planning strategy, design and features, user
experience, and operational excellence to gain a maximum return on
product development, inventory, and sales/marketing investment and
achieve annual revenue growth targets. Identifying and justifying
new products for innovation and line extensions; supporting product
positioning, pricing, and profitability strategies; developing and
supporting product promotional plans; and supporting the management
of product lifecycles using the Haws Stage-Gate process. This
position requires a unique blend of business and technical savvy,
and the drive and detail orientation to execute key components
product management strategy. The position is responsible for
directly managing, supporting, and providing direction, guidance,
and leadership to the product management team as they conceive,
develop, commercialize, and create solutions for sustaining and new
product development activities as well as strategies for maximizing
product line profitability. Other Job Duties: Product Line
- Owns responsibility for assigned product lines including
revenue, volume, margin, profitability, and ROI.
- Partner with supply chain to address issues such as
obsolescence, quality, and on-time delivery as well as to determine
make/build/buy strategy that maximizes profitability and ROI
according to overall product strategy
- Review and approve product plans and designs.
- Create product forecasts by working collaboratively with sales
to ensure appropriate manufacturing capacity to support demand
- Conduct product postmortems and infuse learnings throughout the
organization to foster an atmosphere of continuous
- Monitor key data analytics contributing to product life cycle
- Coordinate projects with all regional locations. Product
- Own, maintain, and communicate clear product development and
optimization roadmap linked to business needs. Works with all
appropriate disciplines to define and prioritize those needs,
plans, and coordinates timely development, and works with sales and
marketing on commercialization and launch activities.
- Create product market requirement documents based on market
research, customer input, regulatory changes, and competitive
analysis that deliver features customer value.
- Identifies and supports manages sustaining product priorities
and programs. Clearly communicates vision and goals of existing and
new product developments
- Sets project development goals and works with Project
Management team to effectively manage risk and program
- Analyze product performance and customer feedback to prioritize
market needs, industry trends, and partnership discovery. Product
- Works directly with Haws customers and partners to understand
market needs from both a business and technical perspective.
- Supports M&A market research, evaluation, and strategy as
- Work with the marketing team to provide subject matter
expertise in the creation and execution of internal and external
material which clearly articulate the product line's unique selling
proposition, technical details, and product rules.
- Communicating a clear vision to garner commitments that align
and propel forward the organization's values, vision, strategy, and
- Train sales, customer service and application staff on the
value proposition of new products.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
societies. Supervisory Responsibilities:Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Skills/Qualifications Skills/Qualifications:
- Experience in developing and using stage-gate based new product
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work
collaboratively at all levels within the organization and with
senior level executives.
- Highly self-motivated about product development and
- Strong knowledge of marketing, sales processes.
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, and presentation
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- Ability to focus, lead and achieve change in a matrix
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer skills.
- Ability to take on increasing roles and responsibilities as
opportunities arise, including management of direct reports.
- Strong beliefs in ownership, accountability, ethics and
transparency.-- - To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.-- The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill
and/or ability required.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job
functions.-- Education and/or Experience:
- Business Administration, Marketing, or related field; MBA
- Minimum of 5-10 years direct experience in product
management/product marketing roles Computer Skills:-- - Strong
computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point,
D365 CE Module). Language Skills: -- Exceptional command of the
spoken and written English language. Reasoning Ability: -- Strong
critical thinking skills Physical Requirements: -- The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is/must have:
- Sitting for long periods frequently on a daily basis.
- Working on a computer for up to 8 hours frequently on a daily
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
- Standing and walking frequently on a daily basis.
- Lifting up to10 lbs on a frequent basis and up to 25 lbs on an
- Using hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear
occasionally. Required to reach with hands and arms.-- -
- Able to travel internationally on long flights.-- -- - Work
Environment: -- -- - A typical office area and production/assembly
environment. Some international travel required. -- - This job
description is subject to change at any time.
Keywords: HAWS CORPORATION, Sparks , Director of Global Product Line - Emergency Equipment, Executive , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!