Configuration Management Specialist **$1,000 Sign on Bonus**
Company: RIX INDUSTRIES
Posted on: May 15, 2022
RIX Industries is a global leader in pneumatic energy storage
and transfer system solutions, including reciprocating compressors,
gas generators and liquefiers for a wide variety of military and
commercial applications. RIX specializes in applying oil-free
technology to high-pressure solutions used in highly demanding
environments. RIX has been in business since 1878 and has been
proudly supporting our US Armed Forces for over 120 years. With a
solid industry reputation for reliability and excellence, RIX is
the established leader in American-made compressor engineering and
The Configuration Management Specialist is primarily responsible
for analyzing and processing engineering change orders in the
designated Product Data Management (PDM) system, driving best
practices through documentation control policies and procedures
across functions, and ensuring the integrity and efficiency of the
PDM system. This includes communication with change originators and
PDM system users on identified design issues and how to correct
them in accordance with best configuration management practices and
company policies. The Configuration Management Specialist also acts
as subject matter expert for improvements and technical support for
the PDM system.
Remote Location considered depending on experience &
- If working outside of Nevada or Northern California, travel up
to 2 times per year to home office in Benicia for 3-5 days per
- If working near Sparks, NV or Benicia, CA more frequent office
time may be requested, although the role is primarily a remote
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Cooperative and
approachable team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Practical working knowledge of Product Data Management (PDM) or
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems.
- Practical working knowledge of configuration management
principles and practices.
- Two or more years working with engineering change processes and
- Knowledge and understanding of common mechanical components and
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen or qualified U.S. Person in
accordance with ALU 22CFR 120.15. May require the ability to obtain
DOD security clearance.
- Two or more years of experience with PDM or PLM
- Four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical
field from an accredited school.
- Two or more years of experience with Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) systems.
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following engineering
and documentation standards:
- ASME Y14
- Drawing Requirements Manual
- Experience with any of the following software
- Autodesk Vault Professional
- Autodesk Inventor
- Two or more years of experience in a manufacturing
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience with DOD Military documentation processes and
- Experience with internal and external auditing
- Basic programming skills.
- CMII Certification.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
This position is regularly exposed to the following conditions:
- Manufacturing, warehouse and office environments.
- While working near moving equipment, mechanical parts and lift
trucks; must have the ability to follow safe operating
- May be exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals.
Must have the following physical abilities:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch, reach, and
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods at a desk or table
as well as machine tools or printers.
RIX Industries is committed to a continuing program of equal
employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment
opportunities with RIX Industries, regardless of their sex, race,
color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin,
ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer
or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including
gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or
veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or
category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws
Keywords: RIX INDUSTRIES, Sparks , Configuration Management Specialist **$1,000 Sign on Bonus**, Executive , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!