Company: Cyanco International LLC
Posted on: June 21, 2022
OverviewThe Operations Manager is responsible for planning,
coordinating and overseeing daily operations at Cyancos Solution
and Solids plants (Winnemucca, Nevada). Reporting to the Plant
Manager, this individual has direct responsibility for ensuring
safe, smooth and efficient chemical manufacturing operations in
line with company goals and values and in a manner that optimizes
efficiency, cost and performance. S/he will manage activities
related to production, with a focus on safety, quality, and plant
performance, Overall Equipment Effectiveness, team management and
continuous improvement. The Operations Manager also plays a
critical role in skill development and team building at both
- Enforce safety, health, environmental and security rules and
promote good housekeeping. Maintain safety in the workplace and
awareness of environmental impacts, targets, and objectives.
- Participate as an active member of the site leadership team;
contribute to the achievement of site goals, building an effective
workplace environment and aligning site with the corporate
- Coordinate, manage and monitor all aspects of the Winnemucca
manufacturing operations including production, scheduling,
equipment availability, material usage, KPIs, etc.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety, operations,
housekeeping and the reliability of the producing assets to ensure
the efficient and cost-effective achievement of the plants
- Execute monthly production plans (established by Planning Group
to meet customer demand forecasts) that enable effective use of
material and labor resources. Schedule production and crew
schedules in accordance with monthly targets.
- Directly supervise all operations personnel to meet target
production quantities, cost, quality, and KPIs. Looks for growth
and savings opportunities.
- Work closely with Maintenance, Logistics, Engineering and
Supply Chain to ensure that plant and logistics systems operate at
high performance and reliability levels and in a way that maximizes
- Communicate and support other department heads to keep plant
equipment in compliance with Company standards and applicable
- Investigate, explain and correct production variances that
deviate from plan. Manage the troubleshooting process and determine
corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Develop, maintain and improve operating procedures, standards,
work instructions and internal controls. Make recommendations to
improve processes and procedures that drive continuous process
improvement initiatives related to safety, productivity and
- Support HR with the recruiting, hiring, and training of
personnel. Support and promote the continual training and
development employees within a continuous improvement culture.
- Participate in the development of annual operating plans;
update, forecast and monitor the plan compliance thought the year
with respect to production, yields, costs, etc.
- Support the planning, coordination and implementation of
large-scale maintenance, equipment and CapEx projects. Provide
input for planned/unplanned shutdown activities, directly manage
normal shutdowns, and allocate operations personnel as needed.
- Ensure plant compliance with all pertinent regulations: EPA,
OSHA, DHS, etc. Effectively communicate with site management,
corporate and other departments to keep them informed and resolve
issues.Non-Essential Duties: Performs all other duties as
assigned.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of chemical manufacturing operations, project
planning, program management and team development.
- Experience driving a safety culture and environmental
- Strong leadership and team development skills within a chemical
or manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical abilities, mechanical aptitude and
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills including
coaching, mentoring, performance management, problem resolution,
active listening, training and development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability
to adapt style to different audiences.
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to command credibility
and influence across the facility; able to effectively implement
change within an organization.
- Able to work within and support Cyancos Core ValuesMinimum
Education and Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Manufacturing (or its
- 5-7 years of chemical plant experience; sodium cyanide
- 5 years of supervisory experiencePhysical Demands Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The following physical demands
are required for this position:
- Able to wear a respirator and other personal protective
- Able to work outside for long periods of time and able to work
in inclement weather
- Required sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with
hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Required to regularly use technology tools including computers,
cell phones, etc.
- Able to use computers and/or monitors for significant amounts
- Required to stand, walk, and stoop; able to frequently ascend
and descend stairs
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Cyancos Core Values are an integral part of who we are as a company
and how we achieve our Mission and Vision:
- Safety: We will always work to the highest safety standards,
relying on all Cyanco employees to help manage risk with vigilance
- Accountability: We are accountable for ourselves, our
colleagues, our customers and our company
- Continuous Improvement: We work to deliver outstanding results
by building a culture of exceptional execution and rewarding those
who create great outcomes
- Customer Focus: Cyanco exists to serve its customers. Every
decision we make and every outcome we measure is based on how well
it serves those customers
- Teamwork: We step up as fully committed team members,
inspiring, challenging and supporting each other to be our
- Trust: Were honest, transparent and committed to doing whats
best for our customers and our company
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is
not intended as an employment contract, nor to describe all duties
someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to
perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title
or routine job duties.
Keywords: Cyanco International LLC, Sparks , Operations Manager, Executive , Winnemucca, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!