Company: Avalon Health Care
Posted on: December 1, 2019
OverviewNorthern Nevada State Veterans Home is now hiring an
experienced and dedicated Registered Nurse Supervisor to join our
They Served Us, Now You Can Help Serve Them!
Northern Nevada State Veterans Home is the premier long-term care
and rehabilitation facility in Sparks, Nevada. Eligibility for the
Northern Nevada State Veterans Home includes U.S. Veterans who have
served active duty, spouses of Veterans, and Gold Star Parents.
Some of our amenities include large private suites, inviting and
home-like open air interiors, family dining for special occasions,
bistro and cafe, coffee shop, Veteran commissary, open outdoor
areas, and private gardens.
Apply today for a fulfilling and worthwhile career with
Avalon!ResponsibilitiesThe Registered Nurse Supervisor is
responsible for the independent supervision of the delivery of care
to a group of residents in a nursing unit, including assessing
resident needs, development of individual care plans, administering
nursing care, evaluating nursing care, and supervising Certified
Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and other personnel in the delivery of
- A current, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse
(RN) in State of practice.
- Demonstrate clinical assessment skills at the level necessary
to meet the job requirements.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures,
as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with an
interdisciplinary care team.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret
the programs, goals, objectives, and policies and procedures that
are necessary for providing quality care.
- Capable of researching new methods and principles to
incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Basic understanding of computer technology, including email
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Proven decision making and analytical skills.
- Able to relate positively, favorably and cooperatively with
others, including employees, residents, family members, and
personnel of outside agencies and organizations.
- Positive attitude toward the elderly.
- Recent clinical experience, education, or specialty skills
specific to geriatrics is required.
- At least one year of experience in Long Term Care is
INDN124EEOAvalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative
action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and
reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request
reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844,
Keywords: Avalon Health Care, Sparks , RN Supervisor, Healthcare , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!