Food & Beverage Cashier - Winter Seasonal - Full & Part Time
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Location: Sun Valley
Posted on: January 7, 2022
About Palisades TahoePalisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort
in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight
peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history
as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital,
and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes
across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access
to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed
its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects
its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call
1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram,
Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties.Applicants must be 16 years of age.Essential Job
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties
may be assigned:
- Provide customers with top quality customer service in a
friendly and positive manner.
- Provide quick service cash handling using a PC point of sale
system; accurately ring up items, accept various forms of payment,
coupons, discounts, and give correct change.
- Responsible for safe and accurate cash handling. Responsible
for your bank.
- Maintain a tidy and organized cashier area.
- Stock and restock items in the food court and condiment area
throughout the day as needed.
- Assist with taking out the garbage as needed
- Resolve issues and assist guests with questions or
- Assist other employees when not busy with normal duties
- Help clean, stock, and reset food court for the day/next day
and must participate with opening and closing procedures in
- Assist with shoveling snow in venue
- May be asked to cashier at outside venuesCompetencies and Job
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
grooming. Must adhere to all company and department specific
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time and
proactively follow delay/closure scheduling instructions.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Able to remain patient, calm and composed in a fast paced,
high-volume demanding environment.
- Basic computer skills and prior POS experience strongly
preferred.Physical Requirements: The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk, see, and hear. Sits for extended periods of time
at a cashier station; stands and walks regularly throughout the
day; uses hands and fingers to operate point of sale register for
up to 8 hours each day. Must be capable of occasionally carrying,
lifting, pushing or pulling up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust
- Must have or be able to obtain a California Food Handlers
- 1-3 months experience in customer service or food service.
- High School or betterBehaviorsPreferred
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Sparks , Food & Beverage Cashier - Winter Seasonal - Full & Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Sun Valley, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!