Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Company: Momar Industries
Posted on: February 10, 2019
Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) Responsible for the execution of the manufacturing plan and assisting with its development and focus. This includes responsibility for the timely manufacture and delivery of the highest quality products in the safest and most cost-effective manner possible.
- Work closely with the Production Manager and Leadership Team members to ensure operational alignment with the overall company business objectives.
- Supports Production initiatives and other shift operations by building a team-oriented work environment and remove silos for functional areas and shifts.
- Execute an operational strategy that utilizes industry leading best practices in safety, cost and operational excellence (e.g. Safety Committees, 5S and Lean).
- Improve Safety, Quality, Waste and Productivity metrics.
- Develop and execute a schedule that meets customers' needs and our cost objectives.
- Provide visible leadership to all associates on shift. Provide a strong floor presence and understanding of the processes adequate to provide support and the right resources.
- Spends 90% of time on the floor engaged with production associates.
- Build organizational capability through assessment and management of production associates on shift (Operators, Assistants, support staff).
- Provide daily shift operational reports and production documentation.
- Ensures data collection, as well as, Radius data entry is accurate and timely.
- Develop a culture of Continuous Improvement and rapidly expand new best practices across all shifts.
- Utilize data systems to identify areas of opportunity.
- Communicate effectively with all associates.
- Communicates in a positive and professional manner
- Treats everyone in the facility with respect and dignity.
- Manage shift Time and Attendance System
- Manages effective vacation coverage that allows production to meet demand requirements.
- Provide and manage training for all associates to develop skills and create a cross-trained workforce that optimizes performance
- Champions all Safety initiatives so that objectives are met and maintains a safe working environment for all employees.
- Handles routine issues regarding employee relations and performance management of employees.
- Responsible for opening and closing the facility as required by production plans and schedules.
- Complete tasks On Time in a n accurate and complete manner, utilizing time management and commitments effectively.
- Work shifts as needed to ensure production performance is optimized
- Other duties as assigned by management Skills required:
- Motivating Others - Promotes a clear sense of purpose, inspiring a positive attitude to work and a strong desire to succeed among associates.
- Developing Others - Actively seeks to improve others' skills by providing constructive feedback, coaching, training and makes assignments which challenge their abilities and encourage development.
- Providing Direction - Takes charge, organizes resources and steers others towards successful task accomplishment.
- Execution - Drives projects along. Gets results.
- Concern for Excellence - Committed to the achievement of quality. Sets high standards of performance for self and others.
- Initiative - Proactive and self-starting.
- Customer Service Orientation - Goes out of way to ensure customer needs are met.
- Teamwork - Cooperates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Judgement - Makes rational, realistic and sound decisions based on consideration of all of the facts and alternatives available.
- Decisiveness - Makes firm and timely decisions and commits to definite courses of action on the basis of limited information, if necessary.
- Action Oriented/Hands On - Drive safety, quality and performance through actions taken on the floor and in meetings. Understands how to perform with the correct sense of urgency needed.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel products
- Forklift and Roll Clamp operator certification
- Use of a manufacturing or similar ERP system Physical Requirements:
- Able to lift 50 lbs and stand or walk on feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, as required by work levels
- Ability to push, pull, lift, climb, bend, stoop, squat, and use manual dexterity.
- Has acute vison able to distinguish color and minor defects on product.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen. Education/Experience Desired:
- High School or GED Diploma
- At least 2 years in pressroom environment as a pressroom assistant, or equivalent machine operator experience
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) preferred but not required
We offer a competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, Paid Vacation and Holidays
Keywords: Momar Industries, Sparks , Production Supervisor (2nd Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!