Cart Builder/Restock Assistant
Posted on: February 28, 2019
POSITION/TITLE: Cart Builder - Fast Bay
HOURS: 12:30PM-9:00PM; Monday-Friday
LOCATION: Spanish Springs, Nevada
WAGE: $14.00/hr + $0.50 Shift Differential (12PM or later)
A Cart Builder is responsible for efficiently building restock carts; order carts and responsible for dynamics; as directed by a voice and/or radio frequency (RF) unit.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain safe, neat and clean work area by adhering to SanMar safety regulations.
- Responsible for checking out equipment and returning in same condition.
- Use Radio Frequency (RF) unit in combination with Internal Operating System to perform daily work.
- Movement of product by using pallet jack and/or hand truck.
- Build carts by following standard operating procedures.
- Meet minimum production and accuracy standards and delivery deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- Demonstrates ability to follow directions and change priorities or job duties as business needs require.
- May be required to complete and maintain SanMar's Lift Operator Certification every two years.
- Ability to learn Internal Operating System and operate Radio Frequency (RF) unit.
- Ability to work in high-demand, high-volume environment and meet deadlines.
- Comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Mandatory overtime as required, which may include weekends.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read, write and have sufficient ability to identify colors, sizes, quantity, label and SKU information.
- Basic math skills in counting and quantity required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk and stand. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, handle or feel, to pull/push cart with product, grasp and perform repetitive hand, wrist and arm motions. The employee is frequently required to climb, kneel/squat, bend and carry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment is moderately noisy. The employee is occasionally required to work near conveyor systems. There is exposure to dust and changes in weather conditions. Employee must be able to work in high-demand, high-volume environment and meet customer deadlines. Employee must be able to change priorities or job duties as needed and interact with employees at all levels.
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible spending program
- Anniversary rewards
- Discounts on brand name apparel
- Diverse, laid back atmosphere
- Different schedule opportunities
- Monthly employee events
If you are a service-oriented person would enjoy working for a company that provides a dynamic, family orientated environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you! There aren't many other companies out there like us, so don't miss out, apply today and learn what over 3,000 employees have come to know as the "The SanMar Difference!"
SanMar provides opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disables status.
SanMar participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Sanmar, Sparks , Cart Builder/Restock Assistant, Hospitality & Tourism , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!