Company: Avalon Health Care
Posted on: May 17, 2019
OverviewNorthern Nevada State Veterans Home is seeking dependable,
enthusiastic, and dedicated Cooks to join our outstanding team!
**We will not be hiring these positions until mid to late February
The Cook is responsible to prepare food in accordance with
prescribed resident diet specifications, facility procedures, and
dietary and sanitary regulations under the supervision of the
Dietary Services Manager.Candidates should have a Food Handler's
permit/ServeSafe certification as well as previous experience and a
positive attitude!Responsibilities Food Preparation and Serving
- Prepare and serve food and meals food in accordance with
planned menus, diet plans, recipes, portion, and temperature
control procedures and facility policies.
- Direct and assist in cleaning and sanitizing work areas,
equipment and floors, dishes and utensils; check all trays for menu
and diet preferences and accuracy; ensure proper storage of food
and supplies; adhere to universal precautions and sanitary, safety,
and infection control policies and procedures.
- Be able to work in a non-temperature regulated environment
(work near ovens, stoves, enter walk in
- Ensure that food and supplies are available for the next meals
and assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods and supplies,
andreport any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents, and
- Comply with all Company safety policies, regulations and
requirements regarding fire and life safety.
- Comply with all Company safety policies regulations and
requirements involving employee safety and patient safety. This
includes but isnot limited to: a zero tolerance for harassment and
violence; following infection control procedures; following safe
patient handling asrequired with your specific job
- May be required to assist in the evacuation of patients during
- Meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies
of this facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a Food Handler's permit / ServSafe certification
as per State requirements.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and
written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents,
families and to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Must maintain regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations, and pass
post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also
includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of
this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
For additional information, please contact Brenna Monsen,
Healthcare Recruiter, at 801-325-0161 today!
Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an equal employment
opportunity employer (EEO) committed to hiring a diverse workforce
and sustaining an inclusive culture. Avalon Healthcare Management,
Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national
origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status or any other
status protected under federal, state, or local laws.EEOAvalon
Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and
reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request
reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844,
Keywords: Avalon Health Care, Sparks , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!