Payroll Specialist - Year Round
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: May 14, 2022
About Palisades TahoePalisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort
in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight
peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history
as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital,
and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes
across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the , which offers access to 47
international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its
name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its
values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe or call 1.800.403.0206
to learn more. You can also visit us on , , , and .A Great Job and
Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Olympic Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat,
Solitude and more!
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, etc.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees.
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, short term & long-term disability insurance, HSAs/FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
AlpineTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.Applicants must be 18 years of
age.Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the
following; other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of hours, earnings,
taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages using
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and
- Assists Administrator on various items such as garnishment
processing, and reissuance of stale checks.
- Prepares and accurately issues off-cycle payroll checks in
compliance with California Law and internal established
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and
procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by
keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Complete additional projects as outlined by the Payroll
Manager.Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow oral and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time; available on
weekends during peak period
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Have working knowledge of debits and credits and other basic
- Capable of multiple tasking and prioritizing and allocates
resources efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Works independently and with others.Physical Requirements: The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Sits for extended
periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and
walks regularly throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to
operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day;
lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office
environment conditions and noise levels. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust
focus.Working Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the
duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather
conditions.Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work
place is usually moderate.Equipment Used in Job: General office
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel.Preferred
- Experience using Workday is preferred.
- 1 year(s): Previous payroll, accounting, or related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience with Microsoft d365.
- Experience with Ultipro Payroll Software.EducationRequired
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Sparks , Payroll Specialist - Year Round, Human Resources , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!