Technical Field Supervisor
Posted on: November 28, 2019
Position: Technical Field Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Program Manager or assignee
Location: Nevada with some travel to ID and WY
Region: Western Operations
TheTechnical Field Supervisor is a hands-on work leader and will
lead a team ofskilled technicians and other staff, if required.
Technical Field Supervisors developand ensure procedures are
followed effectively and efficiently withoutsacrificing safety
and/or quality in the performance of their assigned workareas. The
Technical Field Supervisor is also responsible for the
installation,maintenance, and repair activities related to the
construction, installation andmaintenance of Transportation
Technologies including but not limited to: vehiculartraffic
monitoring sensors, intelligent transportation systems, RWIS and
otherrelated systems. Activities include but are not limited to
inspecting andhands-on activities including the installation,
repair, and maintenance ofelectronic equipment such as RWIS
equipment, DMS systems, HAR systems, trafficmonitoring devices,
traffic sensors, communications / networking equipment,
CCTV,computers, industrial controls, short-haul transmitters, and
TheTechnical Field Supervisor will perform initial and final site
inspections,which includes documenting using photos, video
recordings, electronicchecklists, and quality guidelines.
TheTechnical Field Supervisor is a subject matter expert on his/her
job and trainsother Field Technicians initially and on an on-going
basis. In addition,the Technical Field Supervisor direct activities
of other Field Technicians asnecessary, interfaces with the
customer, and develops and provides routinereports on performance
KEYTASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct responsibility for program safety and safety in the
- Direct oversight of field technician/staff performance.
- Development of weekly field staff agendas/work
- Identify and address inefficient work practices.
- Develop, review and edit documentation before submission to
- Fulfill the function of first line after-hours support for
field staff and clients.
- Fulfill the function of first line response to staff
- Maintain/manage customer owned spare parts inventory.
- Participate in preparation and execution of internal and
customer inventory audits, as required.
- Coordinate vendor RMA's for repair of customer-owned
- Develop procedures for updating PM forms and maintaining Tech
Procedures & Technicians' Handbook.
- Develop required reports and presentations for internal
management and customer
- Develop task scopes of work and estimate for performance.
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of theknowledge, skills, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions. In
addition, the position requires up to 85% travel throughout the
Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming, and Other locales as needed. Day and night
work is requiredincluding weekends as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES
- Three years of proven supervisor and organizational skills and
capabilities within transportation technology or
electrical/electronic system installation, commissioning,
inspection and troubleshooting/repairs..
- Ability to deliver high quality work while meeting short
- Ability to build a team and be a team player.
- Strong initiative, organizational abilities, attention to
detail and completeness.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Installation, inspection and maintenance/repair of
Transportation Technologies including but not limited to traffic
monitoring devices, sensors, communications equipment, networking
equipment, CCTV, computers, industrial controls, transmitters, and
- Assist in developing project budget, costs, and job estimates,
schedule, and plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing,
scheduling, risk assessments, contingency plans and allotment of
resources for each phase of the project.
- Ability to train and mentor Field Technicians.
- Oversight of task work orders, jobs, and Field Technicians as
- Assist the Management and administrative staff in the review
and monitoring of technician service call reports
- Interact with customers and vendors to integrate new product
applications and transfer relevant knowledge to a technical and
field construction workforce.
- Ability to analyzes and interpret performance and test
- Work with Microsoft Office and other software
- Ability to write/develop reports and business
- Assist with production and delivery of daily and weekly
- Effectively use industry related tools and equipment including
(but not limited to): Digital Multi-Meters, Oscilloscopes, Earth
Ground Meggers, and other electronic test equipment as required to
- Capable and willing to perform work at heights via the safe use
of ladders, bucket trucks and pole/tower climbing.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSE
- Associates Degree in Transportation or Electrical Engineering,
Electronics, or related field or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of Five (5) years or more technical experience
relatable to Transportation Technologies.
- Three (3) years of progressive increase in responsibilities in
- Understanding the practical applications of engineering science
and technology applying principles, techniques, procedures and
methods to the design, installation, and maintenance of field
- Traffic Data Collection and ITS technology experience is
preferred with experience in the following road-side electronics,
technologies, and/or products: Dynamic Message Signs, CCTV, RWIS,
Vehicle Detection Systems, Highway Advisory Radio, and other
intrusive and non-intrusive products.
- Three (3) years of computer experience with Microsoft suites of
software (including Word, PPT and Spreadsheets).
- Valid Driver's License
- Good driving record
- Fiber Optics and IMSA Signal Technician training a plus.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite and Windows Operating
- Ability to read, interpret, modify, or create project specific
documents such as technical, operational, maintenance and procedure
- Ability to write technical reports, presentations and
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to clients, and other employees of the
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, orschedule form.
The physicaldemands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by anemployee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made toenable individuals with disability to perform the essential
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand;use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to reachwith hands and
arms. The employee is frequentlyrequired to stand; walk; climb or
balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, orcrawl. The employee must
frequently liftand/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally life
and/or move up to 75pounds. The employee occasionally isrequired to
work at heights up to 60 feet. Specific vision abilities requiredby
this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depthperception, and ability to adjust focus.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
working neartraffic. The employee is frequentlyexposed to moving
mechanical parts. Theemployee is occasionally exposed to high,
precarious places; fumes or airborneparticles; and toxic or caustic
chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Working six totwelve hours per day is common, while being exposed
to weather, dust, andconstruction site hazards.
We offercompetitive compensation, medical, dental, vision,
short-term & long-termdisability, life/AD&D, 401K, and paid
time off in addition to great careergrowth opportunities.
EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY
All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color,religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,disability,
national origin or any other characteristic protected by
law.Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years
Salary: $60k+ Annual
Keywords: iHire, Sparks , Technical Field Supervisor, IT / Software / Systems , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!