Company: ITS Logistics
Posted on: February 24, 2021
About ITS Logistics
ITS Logistics is a premier Third-Party Logistics company (3PL) that
offers personalized supply chain solutions with dedicated fleet and
asset-light transportation services that both rank in the Top 50 in
North America, and innovative omnichannel distribution fulfillment
services with more than 1 million sq. ft. Since 1999 our purpose
has been to improve the quality of life by delivering excellence in
everything we do. To learn more about ITS Logistics, visit .
Our associates enjoy a strong sense of teamwork, community, career
growth, and work/life balance. We actively seek team members who
will add value to the business and strength to our culture.
Treating others with respect and compassion is at the core of the
ITS philosophy. We provide a safe and positive working environment
for our employees and offer opportunities to grow, both personally
and professionally. This belief also extends to our community,
where we work to provide economic stability through quality
employment opportunities and give back whenever we can.
We have an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer (SE) at our
corporate headquarters in Sparks, NV. This is an exciting
opportunity for a seasoned IT generalist. The successful candidate
will have substantial knowledge of IT Operations, a strong desire
to learn and grow, a natural curiosity for finding a better way and
a knack for trouble shooting. This hands-on position will work on
support requests and engineering projects as assigned. This
critical role is accountable along with their team members for
delivering reliable, consistent and outstanding service to ITS's
internal and external customers. The SE also requires skills such
as initiative, time management, prioritization, multi-tasking,
project assessment, scoping, estimation, time allocation/tracking,
documentation, communication, and testing and solution
- Works on problems of moderate scope with varying complexity
where the analysis of the situation, business process or data
requires thorough review and investigation.
- Ability to follow a troubleshooting methodology to identify and
document symptoms, trends, cause and solution to IT issues.
- Works with vendors and contractors as required to complete
- Monitors system performance, capacity planning and be proactive
in assessing and providing recommendations for improvement of
assigned systems and technologies
- Effectively communicates status of projects and reported
problems to all necessary parties.
- Makes recommendations for business process solutions; Exercises
judgment considering existing system configuration, business
processes and defined policies and procedures
- Modifies, reviews, tests, documents and implements new /
enhanced information systems.
- Works with clients to gather requirements, design solutions and
participates in design reviews
- Helps in the creation of development of project plans.
- Exercises solid judgment with consideration of existing system
functionality, business processes, defined policies and procedures
to determine appropriate courses of action and solutions.
- Develops action plans for self; Looks for and takes advantage
of opportunities for improvement.
- Mentors and shares knowledge with team members
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and self-directed
individual who possesses a strong working knowledge of supporting
and maintaining technical corporate infrastructure, including
Cloud, Servers, Networks, Storage, PC's, Handheld clients,
Printers, etc. Formal technical training and certification is a
plus. This position does include on-call responsibilities.
Additional requirements include:
Desired Technical Skills
- Bachelor's degree BSCIS/BSCS/ BSCE or at least 3 years of
- Functional knowledge of requirements gathering methodologies
- Intermediate knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Windows server and desktop systems
- Cloud platforms, particularly Microsoft O365 & Azure
- Corporate route/switch and WiFi networks
- Virtualization technologies, particularly VMWare ESX
- Backup and disaster recovery tools and methodologies
- Security technologies including AV, firewall, IPS, ATP
- Experience with Cloud-based UCaaS a plus
- Demonstrated experience working in small project teams
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving.
- Create technical documentation & training materials
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to present information in a user-friendly
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented collaborative
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
Keywords: ITS Logistics, Sparks , System Engineer, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!