Inventory Clerk (PENA)
Company: Panasonic Corporation of North America
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with
Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing
facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known
for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic
manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the
world's leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc.
Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to
produce cells which will double the world's current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric
Vehicles a reality by production of the world's safest,
highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we
will create a clean energy society and our products will change
society's use of and perceptions of electric power.
The inventory clerk position will record and maintain control of
various inventory across the facility while ensuring compliance
with established internal control procedures. It requires an
individual with good interpersonal skills and the ability to multi
task in a high-volume production environment.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Experience with inventory management and cycle counting
- Data entry relating to inventory receipts, transfers,
production and adjustments
- Verifies clerical computation against physical count of stock
and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and
reports reasons for discrepancies
- Prepares reports, such as inventory balance, safety stock
calculations, demand rates, price lists and shortages
- Assist with month-end and year-end physical inventories.
- Communicate cross-functionally to resolve any issues
- Ensure that all inventory/production/shipping/receiving reports
are generated and sent timely and accurately
- Perform weekly inventory reconciliations of spare parts
- Enter production into client system, if applicable, to announce
new lot codes for finished goods, track products lots used in
production, and deduct inventory quantities of component
- Assist other departments and/or clients with any inventory
related questions, requests for information, or issues
- Maintain/Order "other material" for production supplies
- Track cancelled and reduced PO's for scrapping/recovery for
payment on DO's
- Willing to work overtime and/or weekends as requested by
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point,
- Must be detail oriented.
- 2 years of relevant experience required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Associates Degree in Business preferred.
- Bilingual (Japanese) preferred.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our
products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is
an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to: race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All
qualified individuals are required to perform the essential
functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume
of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of
interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor
applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must
have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your
interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.
REQ: REQ-120871 Procurement
Keywords: Panasonic Corporation of North America, Sparks , Inventory Clerk (PENA), Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!