Company: Western Nevada College
Location: silver springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Computer Aided Design (CAD) Engineer II Nevada Automotive Test
Description : The Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is
currently seeking talented candidates for a Computer Aided Design
(CAD) Engineer II role at our Silver Springs, NV location. At NATC,
our CAD Engineers work directly with a team intent on designing,
manufacturing, and testing innovative automotive mobility
Founded in 1957, the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is a
privately owned, independent test, evaluation, design and
engineering facility offering development and certification testing
to customers worldwide. We have substantial international
experience, which allows us to evaluate products intended for
global markets knowledgeably and objectively. NATC has compiled an
extensive database of worldwide operational and infrastructure
conditions allowing accurate definition of user duty cycles and
creation of test programs that are representative of service
environments around the world. NATC is a leading innovator in
translating real-world conditions into validated virtual proving
ground simulation and virtual prototyping.
NATCs location in the great basin of Nevada allows our team to
access terrain that can represent 85% of the world within a 150
mile radius, providing an excellent test bed for off-road mobility.
NATCs operational area includes 1200 sq. miles of natural terrain,
that when coupled with 6,200 acres of privately owned test courses,
create an unparalleled testing area available to our engineers to
innovate and solve our customers problems.
The CAD Design Engineer works under the direct supervision of the
Program Manager or Lead Project Engineer, supporting a variety of
innovative developmental projects related to ground vehicles and
associated systems. Generates, imports, and modifies 3D CAD models
of ground vehicle components and assemblies to support engineering
development efforts. Performs measurements on vehicles and related
components including 3D laser scanning to support the creation of
3D CAD models. Analyzes component spaceclaim constraints, physical
interfaces, performance requirements, manufacturing method,
tolerance stackups, and assembly/installation procedures to support
refinement of CAD configurations. Creates technical data packages
including detail part drawings, subassembly/assembly drawings, Bill
of Materials (BOM), and installation procedures. Supports conducts
engineering design, development, integration, analysis, and testing
of vehicle components and subsystems using CAD environmnet and
other engineering tools. Monitors and provides status reports
concerning assigned tasks. Understands the procedures and
requirements necessary to accomplish complex engineering,
technological and analytical advanced and special projects.
1. Creates and modifies CAD 3D models, drawing packages, and
supporting technical data
2. Uses CAD to develops custom fixtures and tools to support
prototype fabrication and testing activities
3. Performs research to identify available components, materials,
industry specifications, suppliers, and manufacturers that can be
applied to the design configuration
4. Documents prototype fabrication, installation, and testing
activities in a shop or field environment using video or still
photography, physical measurements, and written notes.
5. Analyzes and evaluates component failures or issues with
existing vehicle systems, helps identify probable causes, and
suggests modifications and design changes to the affected
components or system.
6. Obtains background data on assignments in order to develop
testing procedures, test phases, deviations from standard
7. Provides technical information and guidance to technicians
supporting assigned design, integration, and subsystem testing
8. Analyzes technical data including instrumentation readings,
calculations, deficiency reports, and graphs etc. and prepares
9. Assists with development of test plans, technical reports,
installation procedures, and design review presentations.
10. Provides support to and coordinates assigned activities with
technicians, other engineers, and the program manager.
11. Relates well with employees and customers at all levels and at
all times in a professional and personable manner.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Supports business development through customer contacts and
follow-up, development of presentations, and attendance at trade
and industry shows.
2. Support development of technical proposals related to new
vehicle concepts or upgrades
3. Assists in special projects as assigned.
4. Assists with component, subsystem, or vehicle tests.
- Qualifications : Minimum Qualifications:
1. Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field; and
two (2) years experience in a related engineering field.
2. Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
3. Proficiency with 3D CAD software. PTC ProEngineer/CREO is
preferred, Solidworks is a minimum requirement.
4. Experience with practices and procedures used in creating 2D
definition drawings, and related technical data package (TDP)
5. Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
(GD&T) in accordance to ASME Y14.5 and general drawing
6. Experience using Product Data Management (PDM) and/or Product
Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems for Computer Aided Design (CAD)
data management and engineering configuration management (CM)
control, preferably with PTC Windchill
7. Able to obtain and maintain a valid Nevada drivers license.
8. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, expressing
ideas clearly and actively listening to thoughts and ideas of
10. Ability to manage more than one technical activity at a
11. Ability to rapidly learn and apply new measurement techniques
and associated data acquisition software.
12. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
13. Excellent organization and time management skills.
14. Flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the
ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business
1. Experience in a research and development, design, or test
2. Experience with conceptual, developmental, and production level
product definition and technical data package (TDP) deliverables
3. Working knowledge of 3D Model-Based Definition (MBD).
4. Familiarity with 3D laser scanning and/or 3D printing
5. Knowledge of automotive fundamentals.
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to
pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence
and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted
safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting
themselves, their coworkers and the organization.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and
as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the
basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion,
age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran
status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or
Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company
depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related
This position is not limited to those duties in the job
description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded,
reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges
Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment to the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human
Resources manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform
any of the essential functions of this position.
All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such,
are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company,
likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee's employment
at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in
this document or any other document provided to the employee is
intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that
employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time.
Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly
terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate
comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment
contract for any specific period of time.
- Job Type : Full Time
- Job Length : Permanent
- Start Date : Tuesday April 6, 2021
- Compensation Type: : Hourly;
- Employer Name : Nevada Automotive Test Center
- Employer E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone : 775-629-2000
- Address : 605 Ft. Churchill Rd
Silver Springs, NV 89429
- Apply : Please visit our website at www.natc-ht.com/careers to
complete an application.
- Date Added : April 6, 2021
- Post Until : May 6, 2021
Please Note : The Online Community Job Board is a free service
of Western Nevada College. WNC makes no particular recommendations
regarding employers or students applying for jobs. The presence of
job announcements on this web site does not indicate an endorsement
by the college. The College reserves the right not to post any
information which is not in keeping with WNC policies.
WNC is guided by the principle that there shall be no difference in
the treatment of persons because of race; color; national origin;
religion; age; gender, including a pregnancy-related condition;
gender identity or expression; sexual-orientation; protected
veterans status; disability; or genetics; and that equal
opportunity and access to facilities shall be available to all.
Similarly, there shall be no difference in the treatment of persons
who file charges of discrimination, participate in a discrimination
proceeding, or otherwise oppose discrimination. It is our policy to
comply fully with the non-discrimination provision of all state and
federal regulations with regard to recruitment, admission,
financial aid, activities, hiring, promotions, training,
Keywords: Western Nevada College, Sparks , Engineer, Other , silver springs, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!