Company: Western Nevada College
Location: silver springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Security Guard (Night Shift) Nevada Automotive Test Center
Description : The Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is
currently seeking talented candidates for a Security Guard role at
our Silver Springs, NV location. At NATC, our security guards
supports a team of engineers intent on designing, manufacturing,
and testing innovative automotive mobility solutions.
Founded in 1957, the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is a
privately owned, independent test, evaluation, design and
engineering facility offering development and certification testing
to customers worldwide. We have substantial international
experience, which allows us to evaluate products intended for
global markets knowledgeably and objectively. NATC has compiled an
extensive database of worldwide operational and infrastructure
conditions allowing accurate definition of user duty cycles and
creation of test programs that are representative of service
environments around the world. NATC is a leading innovator in
translating real-world conditions into validated virtual proving
ground simulation and virtual prototyping.
NATCs location in the great basin of Nevada allows our team to
access terrain that can represent 85% of the world within a 150
mile radius, providing an excellent test bed for off-road mobility.
NATCs operational area includes 1200 sq. miles of natural terrain,
that when coupled with 6,200 acres of privately owned test courses,
create an unparalleled testing area available to our engineers to
innovate and solve our customers problems.
This position works under the direct supervision of the Facilities
Manager and responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and
security of assets, personnel, customers and all visitors. Duties
include performing security patrols, enforcing Company badge
procedures, protecting property from theft, sabotage, fire and
accidents, investigates and writes reports on accidents, incidents,
suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security
related situations. Provides any needed assistance to customers,
employees and visitors according to Companys procedures. This
position will also be called upon to help support the duties of
Janitor including maintenance and housekeeping services to the
buildings and grounds. In the absence of the Janitor this position
will assume all the janitorial duties on an as needed basis.
1. Tours company buildings and property of the Company.
a. Examining doors, windows, and gates to assure they are
b. Verifies lights are off, thermostats are set proper temperature
and the safety of facilities.
c. Patrols designated areas by vehicle or foot to check locks,
alarms, fence gates, and restricted areas or other barriers to make
sure they are not breached.
2. Investigates anyone or anything that may appear to be suspicious
or out of the ordinary, potentially perceived to be a breach or
violation of security, and/or harm the Company.
a. Requires constant vigilance to prevent against theft, fire,
vandalism, pilfering, sabotage or unauthorized trespassing.
3. Coordinates assistance with the local authorities - Sheriffs
Office and Fire Department.
4. Inspects premises for signs of intrusion and interruption of
3. Inspects burglar alarm and fire extinguisher sprinkler systems
to ascertain they are set to operate. Answers alarms and
4. Ensures all gates are closed and locked after normal working
5. Identifies and admits traffic/personnel utilizing a system of
identification badges and/or vehicle decals.
6. Provides control of persons entering and exiting Company
7. Assists access to appropriate areas and verifies security
procedures are followed.
8. Issue passes in accordance with Company Policies and
9. Inspects outgoing traffic to prevent unauthorized removal of
company property or products.
10. Prevents entry of illegal items such as fire arms, drugs and
11. Maintains log of activities and prepares reports concerning
significant activities, visitors, discrepancies, security
violations, etc as directed by company policies and procedures.
12. Responsible for some janitorial duties as assigned.
13. Assume all janitorial duties in the absence of the Janitor.
14. Responsible for other duties and responsibilities as
1. Assists in special projects.
2. May perform the duties of a test vehicle operator.
3. Maintain serviceability, cleanliness and Security of facilities
buildings and grounds..
4. Work is performed inside and outside with exposure to inclement
weather and unpredictable crisis situations. Shift work and
weekends may be required.
- Qualifications : Minimum Qualifications:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required plus any Security/Law
Enforcement experience preferred.
2. Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices
in a business environment and enforcement procedures.
3. Must have a clean criminal record.
4. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
5. Must be computer literate.
6. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
7. Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and in writing.
8. Ability to observe proper safety precautions.
9. Ability to establish effective working relationships with other
employees, supervisors and the public.
10. Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week with varied work
11. Must possess a current Nevada Drivers License and clean driving
record for the past three (3) years.
12. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
13. Must have excellent organization and time management
14. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with
the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and
as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the
basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion,
age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran
status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or
Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company
depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related
This position is not limited to those duties in the job
description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded,
reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges
Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment to the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human
Resources manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform
any of the essential functions of this position.
All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such,
are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company,
likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee's employment
at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in
this document or any other document provided to the employee is
intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that
employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time.
Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly
terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate
comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment
contract for any specific period of time.
- Job Type : Full Time
- Job Length : Permanent
- Start Date : Tuesday April 6, 2021
- Compensation Type: : Hourly;
- Employer Name : Nevada Automotive Test Center
- Employer E-mail : email@example.com
- Phone : 775-629-2000
- Address : 605 Ft. Churchill Rd
Silver Springs, NV 89429
- Apply : Please visit our website at www.natc-ht.com/careers to
complete an application.
- Date Added : April 6, 2021
- Post Until : May 6, 2021
Please Note : The Online Community Job Board is a free service
of Western Nevada College. WNC makes no particular recommendations
regarding employers or students applying for jobs. The presence of
job announcements on this web site does not indicate an endorsement
by the college. The College reserves the right not to post any
information which is not in keeping with WNC policies.
WNC is guided by the principle that there shall be no difference in
the treatment of persons because of race; color; national origin;
religion; age; gender, including a pregnancy-related condition;
gender identity or expression; sexual-orientation; protected
veterans status; disability; or genetics; and that equal
opportunity and access to facilities shall be available to all.
Similarly, there shall be no difference in the treatment of persons
who file charges of discrimination, participate in a discrimination
proceeding, or otherwise oppose discrimination. It is our policy to
comply fully with the non-discrimination provision of all state and
federal regulations with regard to recruitment, admission,
financial aid, activities, hiring, promotions, training,
Keywords: Western Nevada College, Sparks , Security Guard, Other , silver springs, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!