Sr Program Manager
Company: Sierra Nevada Corporation
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Are you passionate about program management and looking for your
next career move into a collaborative and supportive
cross-functional environment? We have a great opportunity for
As a Sr Program Manager, you will be driving the business
operations at SNC through your skills and expertise. You will be
responsible for all programmatic aspects of your assigned projects
with specifically focused responsibility for customer relationship,
cost, schedule and technical planning, tracking and reporting,
technical execution, and ensuring overall program performance
objectives are achieved. You will be crucial in business resource
planning/tracking in coordination with other corporate entities and
responsible to formulate a team that can fulfill program
requirements. You will be the driver in ensuring program issues and
problems are identified, tracked, and resolved and the success of
SNC's program. You will be responsible for program risk management
and ensuring risks are identified, mitigated, tracked, and managed.
You'll be responsible for conducting routine meetings, interfacing
on project/program status, developing proposals,
researching/fact-finding, coordinating audits, and negotiating with
project/program stakeholders to ensure enterprise initiatives meet
cost, budget, and schedule constraints. You'll support the program
director and Business Operations in fulfilling their
As SNC's corporate team, we provide the company and its business
areas with strategic direction and business support spanning
executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human
resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing,
and communications. Learn
more about SNC's Corporate team
The candidate will be a key member of the PMAP/T team,
promoting greater success of Enterprise/Business Area (BA) programs
& efforts through:
- Leading PM process & tool improvement for the Enterprise.
- Pursuing program management consistency across BA's during
program proposal processes, program execution, & program interface
with production, internal customers, contractors, &
- Keeping program management informed of function & process
changes within project controls.
- Supporting of all Program Management functions for both
Business Area Direct Programs & Enterprise Program Management
Office (EPMO) Indirect Programs.
- Support the development and execution of the Corporate Program
Management and Planning/Tracking (PMAP/T) annual plan within
assigned area of responsibility, as requested.
- Establishing centralized, coordinating body for PM concerns,
recommendations, & issues; developing recommended process
improvements; facilitating opportunities with Enterprise Program
- Ensuring PM’s are adequately trained and equipped to support &
facilitate program success while further streamlining processes so
that there is commonality & consistency across business management
- Maintaining PM training curriculum & mentoring in line with
- Working directly with Learning & Development (L&D)
personnel for scheduling & providing facilitators form PM
- Maintaining the PM Certification process.
- Support the development and execution of the PMAP/T strategic
and Annual Plan, as requested.
- Reinforcing the usage & application of Corporate PM tools.
- Enhancing program management expertise in the staff.
- Membership in the Engineering Process & Tools Working Group
(EPTG), as a coordinating body for Engineering concerns,
recommendation, & issues specific to program management; developing
recommended process improvements; facilitating opportunities with
program management &/or Enterprise Program Finance.
- Establishing new & further refining existing templates, tools,
& guidelines for program documentation & execution.
- Review & approval of program management plans during the
proposal process & program initiation phase.
- Auditing of program management activities in accordance with PM
- Capturing BA metrics designed to identify areas within Program
Management that might be targeted as performance improvement
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and
ISO 9001:2000 Policies and Processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and typically 10+
- Shall possess extensive knowledge of the program management
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Requires ability to interpret considerable data of a
technical/programmatic nature in order to adequately perform
process improvement duties & responsibilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of organizational change management
methodologies and principles.
- Strong aptitude to connect with business processes and quickly
learn business operations in order to support and interact with
corporate-level project stakeholders.
- Microsoft Project, ECRM Dynamics.
- Corporate training development initiatives for program
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security
Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process
for Security Clearances.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management
Professional (PMP) certificate desired, but not required.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a
Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required
as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for
employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a
security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated
Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency,
handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance
eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors
which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include,
but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence,
foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and
illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused
technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and
defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative
U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S.
Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies.
Learn more about SNC
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is
commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical,
dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life
insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or
Keywords: Sierra Nevada Corporation, Sparks , Sr Program Manager, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!