Charge Nurse- Night
$10,000 Sign On
PAM Specialty Hospital of
Under the direction of the Chief Nursing
Officer/Director of Nursing, Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse, the
Registered Nurse is responsible for utilizing the
nursing process while delivering, directing and supervising care to
patients admitted to the nursing unit. The Registered Nurse plans,
coordinates, and provides patient care to include interdisciplinary
planning, discharge planning, patient and family teaching for
post-hospitalization, and accessing community resources. May
perform other related duties as assigned or requested, including
Charge Nurse (ACLS certification required).
Patient Care Essential Job
• Maintains accurate,
detailed reports and records.
• Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in patients’
• Maintains complete and accurate records of all activities
• Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’
responses and conditions.
• Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
• Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and
assess patient’s condition.
• Monitors all aspects of care, including diet and physical
• Directs and supervises LVNs/LPNs, PCTs, CNAs/NAs.
• Prepares patients for, and assists with, examinations and
• Performs all scheduled assessments and physician orders in a
• Demonstrates proper use of med dispense system.
• Performs in the department as a team member.
• Performs work accurately, and in a professional manner, being
conscious of patient/department needs.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skill in nursing processes/procedures,
in accordance with policies and procedures.
Leadership (Charge Nurse) Essential
Functions (if applicable to the role)
Promotes cooperation, fairness and equity; shows respect for people
and their differences; works to understand perspectives of others;
demonstrates empathy; brings out the best in others and in his/her
• Managing Staff: Coaches, evaluates, develops, and inspires staff;
sets expectations; recognizes achievements; effectively manages
conflict; aligns department goals with company goals; provides
feedback; group leadership; delegates appropriately; evaluations
completed on time as applicable.
• Stewardship and Resource Management: Demonstrates accountability
and sound judgment in managing company resources; appropriate
understanding of confidentiality and company values; adheres to and
supports company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
• Problem-Solving: Identifies problems and involves others in
seeking solutions; conducts appropriate analysis; searches for best
solutions; effectively and efficiently implements appropriate
response to correct problem; responds promptly and effectively to
• Decision-Making: Makes clear, consistent decisions; acts with
integrity in all decisions; distinguishes relevant from irrelevant
information; makes time, appropriate decisions.
• Strategic planning and organizing: Understands company vision and
aligns priorities accordingly; measures outcomes; uses feedback to
redirect as required; evaluates alternatives; appropriately
organizes complex issues to desirable resolution.
• Communication: Connects with peers, subordinate employees and all
customers; actively listens; clearly and effectively shares
information; demonstrates effective oral and written communication
skills; negotiates effectively.
• Quality Improvement: Strives for efficient, effective,
high-quality performance in self and the department; delivers
timely and accurate results; resilient when responding to matters
that are challenging; takes initiative to make improvements.
• Leadership: Motivates others; accepts responsibility; maintains
high morale in department; develops trust and credibility; expects
honest and ethical behavior of self and staff.
• Teamwork: Encourages cooperation and collaboration; builds
effective teams; works in partnership with others; is flexible;
responsive to the needs of others.
• Development: Maintains up-to-date skills through involvement with
professional organizations or continuing education; participates in
performance improvement activities and self-development; attends
in-services and other mandatory training; maintains licensure and
other required certifications.
Education and Training:
Holds current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state where
the hospital resides. Current BLS certification is required.
**Current ACLS certification is required
for Charge Nurses, High Ops, and ICU. **
Experience:One year of
inpatient medical-surgical nursing experience preferred but not
Knowledge, Skills, and
• Verbal ability to effectively express ideas and views for
communication with (as appropriate) adult, and geriatric
patients, visitors, and staff members.
• Read and write English language including medical terminology and
• Clerical ability to document completely and accurately in medical
• Cognitive ability to implement the nursing process with (as
appropriate) adult and geriatric patients in the nursing
• Organizational ability to complete nursing tasks in a timely and
• Ability to motivate
staff in performance of patient care.
• Capacity to relate to people in a manner to win confidence and
• Flexibility to adjust to changing conditions and the various
details of the job.