Machine Operator - NV
Company: American Highway
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:Operation and setup of automatic
or semi-automatic production equipment. The machine operator must
adhere to safety guidelines at all times and ensure that final
products meet American Highway quality standards. Duties of
operator include attention to detail, following instructions, and
ensuring the safe running of their facility at all times. The
machine operator also need to be able to function well under
stress, including times when machines malfunction or other
emergencies occur. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and change over machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to
start a production cycle
- Control, adjust and document machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools per Control
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Track hourly output to identify machine related issues
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final
- Maintain daily machine activity logs (including down time,
quantity produced, scrap, etc)
- Maintains clean and safe work areas utilizing 5S program within
- Follows all policy and safety guidelines within assigned
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and
measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Familiarity and basic welding knowledge
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use
of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Basic math and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- Record of good attendance and punctuality.
- Minimum of high school diploma or general education degree
(GED), technical degree a plus.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in manufacturing
environment PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires ability to walk, stand, carry materials, stoop, kneel,
bend at waist, and climb ladders and/or equipment.
- Maximum unassisted lift – 50 lbs. Average lift less than 25
lbs. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne
particles, and chemicals. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate to loud and requires hearing protection.
- Safety shoes and eye protection are also required.
- Temperature environment 0 degrees to 110 degrees.
Keywords: American Highway, Sparks , Machine Operator - NV, Other , Fernley, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!