Systems Engineer (Hardware Development & Implementation)
Posted on: September 21, 2022
(Salaried)Approved by:EngineeringJob Summary:Panasonic Energy of
North America (PENA) is seeking ambitious engineers to lead the
worlds largest lithium ion battery initiative. With superior
battery designs and the fastest manufacturing lines in the world,
Panasonic is producing millions of batteries per day at the
Gigafactory to support Teslas electric vehicle and energy storage
businesses. Panasonic invites you to join us in this ongoing
full-scale effort to electrify our society. At PENA, engineers
quickly become experts in the fundamentals of lithium-ion cell
technology and work to integrate that understanding with high
speed, automated manufacturing methods to produce the highest
performance and highest quality lithium ion batteries.Essential
- Programming, installing, and troubleshooting Keyence vision
systems within Panasonics battery manufacturing processes.
- Programming, installing, and troubleshooting PLC systems such
as Mitsubishi and Omron within Panasonics battery manufacturing
- Programming, installing, and troubleshooting programs in SQL,
python, and other software platforms.
- Analyzing product or equipment specifications and performance
requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing
manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Determining feasibility of designing new plant equipment or
modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space,
time limitations, company planning, and other technical and
- Providing technical information concerning manufacturing or
processing techniques, materials, properties, and process
advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and
product engineering planning.
- Conferring with research personnel to clarify or resolve
problems and develops design.
- Preparing or directing preparation of product or system layout
and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Directing and coordinating manufacturing or building of
prototype products or systems.
- Planning and developing experimental test programs.
- Analyzing test data and reports to determine if design meets
functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluating engineering test results for possible application to
developments of systems or other uses.Other duties may be
assigned.Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE ) Requirements :
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the
protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may
include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves,
safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that
includes a respirator.The foregoing description is not intended and
should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated
with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the
general nature and level of the job.Qualifications : Requirements -
Required and/or PreferredEducation:
- Basic:Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering or similar discipline.
- Preferred:Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering or similar discipline.Essential Qualifications:
- Evidence of exceptional ability. Panasonic follows a culture of
full-cycle engineering where members will have full responsibility
and accountability for their projects from start to finish. We are
looking for the best of the best.
- Experience programming, installing, and troubleshooting
ladder-logic-based PLC systems such as Mitsubishi, Omron,
Allen-Bradley, Siemens, or similar.
- Experience programming on software platforms such as Python and
- Experience integrating PLC systems, databases, and software
- Background working in a high-volume manufacturing
- Understanding of electrical hardware, drawings, sequence
control and software design.
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments
- Flexibility to solve issues with first principles
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Familiarity with wiring/cabling size/terminations and
- Familiarity with industrial machinery design & related NFPA
- 79 (and related UL standards for industrial machinery)
- Experience programming, installing, and troubleshooting
manufacturing image vision systems such as Keyence and Cognex.
- Knowledge regarding electrical requirements in hazardous
locations (Class I, Div 2).
- Experience with 480 V panel installations.
- Control wiring design.
- Experience with energy usage/optimization.
- Knowledge and handling about American environmental laws and UL
(Underwriters Laboratories).Physical Demands :Physical Activities :
(Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the
employee is required to)
- Lift:10%Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not
required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous
- Office Equipment:Continuous
- PhoneContinuousRequired Lifting and Carrying: (Required
frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent
(34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.:Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.:Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.:Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.):FrequentAbout Us:Panasonic Energy
of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive
battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of
life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the
Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion
cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage
systems.Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the
largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our
partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery
space and accelerate the worlds transition to sustainable energy
and transportation.Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of
affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the worlds
safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this
effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will
change societys use of and perceptions of electric power.In
addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products,
we offer competitive salaries and benefits.Supplemental
Information:Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the
high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to
candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid
authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.Panasonic is
an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other
characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are
required to perform the essential functions of the job with or
without reasonable accommodation.Thank you for your interest in
Panasonic Energy of North America.Connect with the recruiter, Joe
Keywords: Panasonic, Sparks , Systems Engineer (Hardware Development & Implementation), Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!