Posted on: November 18, 2022
Job SummaryResponsible for receiving, storing and shipping of
- Receive inbound freight, including counting, comparing to
manifest, inspection, unloading, and storage.
- Order Picking: ensuring the correct product number, quantity
and type of product are picked. Transports order to shipping
location using appropriate equipment.
- Ships outbound freight, including comparing quantity,
packaging, labeling and loading.
- Assists in physical inventories and cycle counts, ensures
proper stock rotation and accurate records.
- Maintains equipment in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and practices, including operating
equipment safely and efficiently, in compliance with company and
- Occasional site maintenance & housekeeping duties.Skills &
- High School education or GED preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Good computer skills preferred (use of Word, Excel & Outlook
- Must be able to use proper lifting techniques to lift up to 75
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety.
- Ability to shift priorities easily, meeting tight deadlines.
Ability to work overtime as required.
- Responsible work habits: punctual, professional, positive
- Previous warehouse experience is an asset.
- OSHA forklift and HAZMAT certification a plus - will be
provided if not currently certified.
- SAP knowledge is an asset.Benefits
- Paid extended medical, dental, & vision coverage.
- 401K retirement plan with Company contribution.
- Paid PTO/vacation time.
- 8 paid company holidays
- Wellness reimbursement program.
- Employee stock purchase program.Environmental working
conditions & physical effort
- Industrial warehouse environment: incumbent will work near
moving mechanical machinery and noise level in the work environment
is usually loud. The job requires working in heights, exposure to
changes in temperature, driving equipment, and may be exposed to
dust, fumes, or gases.
- The incumbent is required to stand and walk for the majority of
the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for
associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height,
reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull.
Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull
up to 75 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both
hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as
well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at email@example.com and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address.For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the
LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates
without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a
specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with
the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Sparks , Material Handler, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!