Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 18, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Safely operates a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety
Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT)
requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements
and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle
using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report);
notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to
Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training,
briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies
and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch,
assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by
Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential
missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer's
location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must
- Positions containers on the customer's property in a manner
that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an
upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all
documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 18
years of age.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical,
and background check, which will include previous employment check,
and motor vehicle record review.
- Acceptable driving record required.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Sparks , Fueler, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!