Production Supervisor - Machine Shop
Company: Hamilton Company
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Hamilton Company is a worldwide leader in the design and
manufacture of manual, semi-automated and robotic products for
precision fluid measuring. We specialize in the development,
manufacturing and customization of precision measurement devices,
automated liquid handling stations, and sample management systems.
For more than 60 years, Hamilton has been satisfying customer needs
by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship, ensuring
the highest level of performance of every precision fluid measuring
device we manufacture.
Hamilton Company is looking for a Supervisor to provide support to
the machine shop. The Supervisor will execute a variety of tasks to
meet customer demands while making safety, quality and production
priority. Many of these tasks include leadership of employees,
organization of production demands and attention to production
- Accountable for regular and consistent attendance.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
- Adequate and timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Daily communication and documentation using Microsoft Office
- Maintain area and equipment cleanliness/organization.
Production Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Ensure a safe working environment and enforce corrective
measures when necessary.
- Develop relationships with company personnel and an
understanding of departmental processes to provide production
- Maintain production schedule through organization of production
orders, work centers and employees.
- Insure accuracy of production order completion.
- Communicate with other supervisors on an immediate and active
biases to maintain production flow.
- Address quality concerns and interface with Manufacturing
Engineers for assistance.
- Document the frequency and quantity of production and scrap
- Create machine maintenance requests.
- Provide training support for new employees.
- Track employee absence and tardiness trends.
- Provide employees with direction on how to properly use time
- Perform staffing adjustments for circumstances caused by
- Emphasize importance and create guidelines for cleanliness and
- Interface with engineering regarding troubleshooting and
- A team player who collaborates well with peers and
- Familiar with individual machine safety features/dangers as
they relate to production and operator usage.
- Must possess competent verbal and written communication skills
as required to interface with other departments and company
- Displays interest in continuous improvement.
- Practices constructive leadership skills.
- Exhibits patience.
- Must demonstrate proficient computer literacy.
- Competent in maintaining databases or archives.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing
demands and able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or
- Must demonstrate excellent troubleshooting techniques and
critical thinking skills.
- Knowledgeable of common machining practices.
- Familiar with ISO, LEAN and Six Sigma manufacturing
- Familair with the common Software used:
- Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Office products
- Adobe Acrobat
- Prior experience in a production leadership role.
- 3-5 years of experience with various types machining,
manufacturing, or other related industry.
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and
- Commitment to sustainable design
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Benefit Package (medical, dental, vision insurance,
paid vacation time, paid sick time, disability insurance, 401k,
tuition reimbursement and much more)
- Solid Stable Company
- Drug free workplace.
Keywords: Hamilton Company, Sparks , Production Supervisor - Machine Shop, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!