Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 25, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Under direct supervision, assists the Equipment Operators with
various tasks, ensuring a neat and safe work environment at the
transfer station for all employees and customers, and enhancing the
appearance of the site to the surrounding properties.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Directs traffic at the working face.
- Performs random load checks following all related safety
policies and procedures.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance on the water truck as
- Hauls water for dust control.
- Maintains site landscaping.
- Reports any worker-public safety factors and/or vehicle
- Maintains an awareness of activities and persons on or around
the site and reports unusual activities to a supervisor.
- Follows appropriate lifting and grasping procedures.
- Approaches all encounters with customers and general public in
a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Attends weekly/monthly safety/operations meetings.
- Attends training on work-related topics.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: None required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements,
and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
_ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a
video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Sparks , Spotter Landfill, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!