Company: Novo Logistics
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Novo Logistics Position: Team Lead Location: Sparks, Nevada
Company Description "The Novo culture has the utmost respect for
our team members, families, and the local community. As a member of
Novo, we warmly welcome you and your family to the Novo team. We
empower our team members to advocate for our cultural values of
respect, safety, transparency, and continuous improvement. Our team
is proud to work for Novo, and were proud to work with them. Join
us in making a difference for our partners." With operations in
states across the country, partnerships with industry-leading
corporations, and continued expansion in our future, there are many
opportunities for personal growth and development when you choose
to explore a career with us. Join our team and grow with us! We are
an equal-opportunity employer. Job Description Novo is seeking a
reliable, self-driven, and team-oriented professional with
problem-solving, communication, and management skills for the
position of Team Lead. This position is within a fast-paced
warehouse environment in Sparks, Nevada. We offer competitive
compensation and opportunities for growth. Essential Job
- The Team Lead will be responsible for monitoring daily inbound
and outbound schedules to anticipate resource planning, equipment,
and adequate process flow.
- Assist in maintaining location control by reviewing location
availability, capacity, and storage conditions.
- Monitor daily cycle counts to ensure the process is performed
according to work instructions or procedures.
- Assist in prioritizing shipping and receiving activities to
effectively meet order fulfillment and shipping schedules.
- Accomplish all assigned tasks efficiently and ensure all
inventories are distributed to their designated inventory locations
- Monitor the Will-Call (WC) process to ensure WC orders are
prioritized, accurately processed, and shipped in a timely
- Perform Material Handling activities according to established
company policies. (Receiving, Picking, Inventory Control)
- Oversee accuracy of incoming and outgoing paperwork; ensure
paperwork is processed promptly and correctly.
- Assist new employees with the training and orientation of
warehouse policies and procedures.
- Complete Monthly Safety and security inspections.
- Maintain positive and effective communication with peers,
management, and other departments.
- Assist with the document control process to maintain current
and reliable SOPs as well as emergency operating procedures.
- Maintain and report discrepancies found during receiving and
order picking. i.e. SKU counts, SKU description, and physical item
- Assist the Team Leads with the WMS system management related to
shipping, receiving, and inventory control.
- Assist the Team Leads in assuring all equipment PMs are
scheduled according to the time frame agreed by the contract.
- Monitor the equipment's daily inspection report to ensure
proper utilization, safety, and minimum downtime.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the immediate
supervisor. Applicants Must
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Be willing to submit a background check and urinalysis drug
screen (drug screen scheduled following interview).
- Ability to stand/walk for an extended period of time on the
- Push and Pull up to 300 lbs
- Lifting up to 50 pounds without limitation. Education,
Experience, and Certification
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) plus years of warehouse
- At least 5 years of experience in shipping & receiving
environment or related field. Experience with Warehouse Management
Systems and/RF/RFID a plus.
- A valid state-issued Driver's License is a must. Forklift
Driver Certification on a sit-down forklift.
- Computer Skills, Data Entry using Excel Spreadsheets
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
- Result Driven
- Technical Skills Employment Type(s)
- Full-Time, Non-Exempt. Compensation
- Hourly (paid weekly via Direct Deposit).
- Overtime opportunities (overtime pay is equal to 1.5 times the
Team Member's regular hourly rate of pay, for any hours worked over
40 in a workweek). Benefits Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Company match option. Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Time Off hours in accordance with Company Policy. Paid
- Paid Holiday hours in accordance with Company Policy.
- 2 year(s): Minimum of two (2) to three (3) plus years of
warehouse experience. At least 5 years of experience in shipping &
receiving environment or related field. Experience with Warehouse
Management System and/RF/RFID a plus. A valid state-issued Driver's
License is a must. Forklift Driver Certification on a sit-down
forklift. Computer Skills, Data Entry using Excel Spreadsheets
Conflict Management Problem Solving Result Driven Technical Skills
- High School or better Licenses & Certifications Required
- Forklift Certification Skills Required
- Critical Thinking
- Directing Others
- Computer Literacy
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication Behaviors Required
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
integrity Motivations Required
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibility
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
Keywords: Novo Logistics, Sparks , Team Lead, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!