Company: RIX INDUSTRIES
Posted on: September 17, 2023
RIX Industries manufactures a wide range of pneumatic energy
storage and transfer system solutions, including reciprocating
piston compressors and gas generators and liquefiers for industrial
gasses and breathing air. RIX specializes in applying oil-free
technology to high-pressure applications and other highly demanding
environments. RIX has been in business since 1878 and has been
proudly serving our US Armed Forces for over 120 years. With a
solid industry reputation that is second to none, RIX is the
established leader in American-made compressor engineering and
manufacturing.Position SummaryThe Buyer is primarily responsible
for timely and economical procurement of materials, parts and
supplies for company production. This position is also responsible
for ensuring production schedule adherence.The Senior Buyer has the
additional responsibilities for effective project schedule
adherence and special project work as required.Responsibilities
- Ensure production/sales schedule is supported through efficient
creation of purchase orders that meet the demands as dictated by
the MRP system or purchase requisitions (Green Sheets).
- Ensure timely delivery of parts and materials for production
and special projects by actively monitoring supplier performance to
- Ensure efficient stock levels of parts, materials and supplies
for company production functions.
- Ensure adherence to inventory control guidelines. Make sure
actual inventory figures are within established variance guidelines
to general ledger figures.
- Provide timely and cost effective incoming and outgoing
deliveries. Monitor project and production schedules and ensure
delivery deadlines are being met.
- Develop resources to ensure availability and economical
procurement of material, equipment, parts and supplies for all
company production and sales. Ensure availability of accurate
information for bidding and estimating functions.
- Ensure RIX receives the most competitive material prices
through costs through the competitive bid process and effective
negotiations with suppliers. Ensure pricing for parts and materials
is up-to-date and accurate. Research and develop vendor resource
for purchase or fabrication of parts and material that will ensure
competitive pricing and delivery.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers, with the assistance of the
Supply Chain Manager, to ensure RIX receives the most favorable
terms and lowest possible cost for material.
- Control the expenses of the material handling functions of the
company by ensuring materials are delivered to appropriate
locations. Develop resources to provide timely, cost effective
delivery of incoming and outgoing inventory.
- Ensure effective communication within the department and with
all company functions. Attend regularly scheduled production
- Read and understand plans, drawings, specifications and bills
- Monitor open purchase orders to ensure suppliers are performing
to accepted terms of the purchase agreement.
- Generate all documents required by the Supply Chain
- Provide material pricing information as requested for bidding
and estimating to support MIT and Contractual requirements.
- Perform all other duties in the best interest of the company or
as directed by the Supply Chain Manager.
- All Other Duties as AssignedMinimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
- Five years purchasing and inventory control experience.
- Ability to read and understand structural drawings and
schematics. Knowledge of accepted standard purchasing
- Ability to perform calculations, such as percentages, ratios
and fractions as well as a fluent working knowledge of
- Basic Computer skills with the ability to adapt to a variety of
- Ability to understand the use and application of Air and Gas
Compressors and Generators
- Ability to communicate with others to exchange information both
orally and in writing.
- Senior Buyer: Ten years purchasing and inventory control
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen or qualified U.S. Person in
accordance with ALU 22CFR 120.15Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of manufacturing, with concept of accounting
principles.Physical Requirements & Work EnvironmentThis position is
regularly exposed to the following conditions:
- Manufacturing, warehouse and office environments
- While working near moving equipment, mechanical parts and lift
trucks; must have the ability to follow safe operating
- May be exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals.Must
have the following physical abilities:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch, reach, and
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods at a desk or table
as well as machine tools or printers.Equal OpportunityRIX
Industries is committed to a continuing program of equal employment
opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with
RIX Industries, regardless of their sex, race, color, age,
religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic
characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity
or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status,
genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or
related conditions (or any other group or category within the
framework of the applicable discrimination laws and
Keywords: RIX INDUSTRIES, Sparks , Buyer, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!