Company: Western Metals Recycling
Posted on: September 23, 2018
Requisition Number 18-0258 Post Date 6/28/2018 Title Laborer City Sparks State NV Description At Western Metals Recycling (WMR) the opportunity is YOURS! We have achieved years of success by giving our teammates the tools they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes to help shape the future? Working at WMR is definitely for you if:
--- You want a career and not just a job
--- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a difference
--- You have positive, can-do attitude
--- You are motivated and take initiative
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, WMR is a
place where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.
WMR is the Intermountain West's largest scrap metal recycler with recycling facilities located in Colorado, Nevada and Utah. Our processing capabilities include automobile shredders, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, extensive
transportation services, and railcar dismantling. WMR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of DJJ and have a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community citizens who are trustworthy,
financially strong and environmentally proactive.
We are looking for pro-active and passionate teammates to join our Salt Lake City, Utah team in a Laborer role.
1. Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
2. General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment and physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
3. Removing metals and debris from conveyor belt.
4. General duties involving physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
5. Willing to cross-train in other positions and assists other employees as needed.
6. Any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
2. Minimum of 1-year previous general labor and/or customer service experience preferred.
3. Bilingual preferred - Spanish.
4. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
5. Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
6. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
7. Flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to include medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, paid holidays, safety bonus potential, 401k match, and other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
Western Metals Recycling is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
WMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Keywords: Western Metals Recycling, Sparks , Laborer, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!