Company: Western Metals Recycling
Posted on: November 4, 2018
OverviewAt Western Metals Recycling (WMR) the opportunity is YOURS! We have achieved years of success by giving our teammates the tools they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes to help shape the future? Working at WMR is definitely for you if:
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a difference
- You have positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, WMR is a place where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.
WMR is the Intermountain West's largest scrap metal recycler with recycling facilities located in Colorado, Nevada and Utah. Our processing capabilities include automobile shredders, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, extensive transportation services, and railcar dismantling. WMR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and a wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph Company which has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.Responsibilities
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program.
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment throughout the yard.
- Keep grounds clear of debris while maintaining safety standards.
- Assisting the Kiosk Operator with weighing, sorting, and moving material including general duties involving physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
- Operate small equipment such as a forklift. Potential to operate larger industrial equipment.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Preparing autos for processing, such as removing of designated parts, fluids, etc.
- Inspect incoming scrap and/or cars, advising customers of accepted and non-accepted scrap and taking deductions as needed.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
- Minimum of 1-year previous general labor in heavy manufacturing environments, preferably in the scrap metal or construction industries.
- Experience with Skid Loader/Skid Steer/Forklift preferred.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Bilingual preferred - Spanish.
EEO StatementWestern Metals Recycling LLC (WMR) is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.WMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. WMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
WMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.WMR also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information - E-Verify Notice
Keywords: Western Metals Recycling, Sparks , WMR Laborer, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!