Company: Avalon Health Care
Posted on: May 17, 2019
OverviewNorthern Nevada State Veterans Home has an immediate
opening for a full-time Activities Assistant.
**We will not be hiring these positions until mid to late February
The Activities Assistant works under general supervision
responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating the
activity program under the general direction of the Activities
Director. The activity program will assure that an on-going program
of activities is designed to meet, in accordance with the
comprehensive assessment, the interest, physical, mental and
psychosocial well-being of each resident.Responsibilities
- Schedule and coordinate leisure activity programs to meet the
needs of all in house residents.
- Develop and plan activity programs to allow participation by
residents within their capabilities.
- Work with the interdisciplinary team to schedule activities and
meet survey requirements.
- Complete a Comprehensive evaluation on each resident.
- Document the individual activity assessment and activity plan
using the appropriate process and forms. Maintains appropriate
- Establish an active Volunteer Program
- Develop a plan to effectively use community resources and serve
as the facility's liaison to these resources.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, an Associate's
- Be a licensed or registered Activity Professional or
recreational Therapist or successfully complete a training
- Must have two years' experience a social/recreational setting
in a long-term care
- Work Independently and be self-motivated, organize and
prioritize work and assignments, meet deadlines, write reports and
- Be creative, reliable, and flexible
- Work well with people of all ages, think clearly and make
- Evaluate residents to assist in the development of the
individual activity program
- Interpret residents' psychosocial needs and strengths and
- Develop Strong interpersonal relationships & demonstrate
initiative and integrity
- Identify changes in behavior in residents and communicate these
- Record development to reflect appropriate participation in
- Understanding and working with elderly people
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background
- Must be able to maintain excellent attendance
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
For additional information, please contact Brenna Monsen,
Healthcare Recruiter, at 801-325-0161 today!
Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc., is an equal employment
opportunity employer (EEO) committed to hiring a diverse workforce
and sustaining an inclusive culture. Avalon Healthcare Management,
Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national
origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status or any other
status protected under federal, state, or local laws.EEOAvalon
Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and
reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request
reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844,
Keywords: Avalon Health Care, Sparks , Recreation Assistant, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!