Company: Avalon Health Care
Posted on: June 10, 2019
Overview They served us, now serve them! Northern Nevada State
Veteran's Home in Sparks, Nevada is hiring a Security Guard to join
our amazing team for a full-time position! The Security Guard
safeguards community grounds to protect residents, associates,
families and guests in accordance with all laws, regulations and
- Performs walk-through security patrols of building's interior
- Secures/unlocks doors as specified.
- Monitors lights (i.e., lights on or off appropriately).
- Monitors outside areas of community (i.e., parking areas,
- Checks unauthorized visitors.
- Checks vacant units.
- Checks units with lights on at unusual times.
- Monitors emergency call system and responds accordingly.
- Responds to emergencies quickly and appropriately.
- Records safety check times in log.
- Handles front lobby responsibilities as directed (i.e., guest
room check in/out, telephone calls).
- Assists with check-in system for residents.
- Ensures newspaper delivery.
- Assists with set-up and tear down related to activities
- Responds appropriately to maintenance needs.
- Assists other staff in lifting residents who have fallen.
- Provides transportation to residents as scheduled (or as
emergency needs arise). Qualifications
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Must practice regular and predictable attendance.
- Must follow company policies including harassment, code of
conduct, complaint procedures, safety, sanitation, confidentiality,
dress code and resident rights.
- Must assist with evacuation of residents and support residents
in times of crisis (i.e., natural disaster).
- Must provide reliable monitoring services to protect community,
residents and associates.
- Must be able to hear alarms and respond quickly.
- Must represent community professionally and courteously.
- Must be able to deal with difficult individuals patiently.
- Must handle emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Must be well-groomed and in proper security attire.
- Must be knowledgeable of fire safety and emergency response
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good
- Must be able to communicate and function in an
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk
and move intermittently during working hours.
- Must be able to assist other staff to physically lift residents
who have fallen.
- Must be able to lift, pull or transfer a minimum of 25 lbs
frequently and greater than 50 occasionally. For additional
information, please contact Brenna Monsen, Healthcare Recruiter, at
today! Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc., is an equal employment
opportunity employer (EEO) committed to hiring a diverse workforce
and sustaining an inclusive culture. Avalon Healthcare Management,
Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national
origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status or any other
status protected under federal, state, or local laws.EEO Avalon
Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and
reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request
reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, , .
Keywords: Avalon Health Care, Sparks , Security Guard, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!