Contact Center Specialist
Company: Renown Health
Posted on: September 21, 2019
The Contact Center Specialist can perform a variety of functions,
including answering/routing of inbound calls, scheduling
appointments, obtaining pre-authorizations for exams and
procedures, processing referrals, coordinating post-appointment
care, customer satisfaction, technical support, etc. Specialists
make an important contribution to customer satisfaction by
providing a prompt, efficient and courteous service to all
customers. The specialist makes no medical necessity decisions.
Nature and Scope:
Incumbent will work in a fast-paced environment that uses several
modes of communication, including telephones, chat, instant
messaging and email. Specialists must be proficient in a
combination of these modes, depending on their responsibilities.
Specialists will handle inbound and outbound calls.
Incumbent will provide a variety of services to customers. These
include, but are not limited to:
- Answering and routing of inbound calls.
- Scheduling appointments for consultations, exams and
- Obtain pre-authorization for exams and procedures.
- Process provider referrals.
- Coordinate post-consultation exams and appointments.
- Provide technical support for patient-facing
- Manage and resolve customer complaints.
- Digital imaging management
- Maintains detailed records of information gathered and
authorizations issued and extended: this is done by entry into the
DST Health Connect system/EPIC template. Udate and manage selected
databases and directories.
- Assist in identifying and data gathering for potential COB
- Production of authorization letter to providers, memebers and
facilities from DST system
- Participates in provider education regarding policies and
- Processing requests for specialty, therapy or complex
appointments and exams
- Coordinate resouces and schedules
Performs other duties as required to meet departmental goals.
A Specialist must have good interpersonal skills to understand
customer' inquiries or complaints and deal effectively with people
who may be worried, frustrated or angry. They must be able to learn
quickly so they can acquire the service and product knowledge to
answer customers' questions accurately. Their work must be concise
and accurate. They must have good knowledge of telephone and
computer systems so they can use call center systems efficiently.
Specialists must be able to identify and escalate priority issues
appropriately. The specialist makes no medical necessity
Specialists must aim to deal with customer's inquiries and requests
on the first call and be willing to be flexible and think outside
the box to meet the customers' needs.
The Renown Contact Center operates 24x7x365. Specialists must be
willing to work at the times required by department supervisors and
managers, and some positions include evening, night, weekend and
Key competencies for this position include:
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Listening skills.
- Problem analysis and problem solving.
- Customer service orientation.
- Organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good judgment.
- Team work.
- Stress tolerance.
Under no circumstances shall the Contact Center Specialist peform
any activities related to the appeal management process other
1. Performance of review o sevice request for completeness of
2. Collection and transfer of non-clinical data. Such data my
include demographic information, employer name, insurance
information, date of surgery, physician name, facility name,
3. Acquisition of structured clinical data in the form of medical
4. Activities that do not require evaluation or interpretation of
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or
High school graduate.
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language,
including reading, writing and speaking English.
Good data entry and typing skills.
Applicant must be able to work effectively with diverse groups of
individuals as well as possess the ability to work well under
pressure. Previous experience in customer service positions or a
medical office will be valuable.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook,
PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer
to complete online learning requirements for job-specific
competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online
benefits enrollment, etc.
Keywords: Renown Health, Sparks , Contact Center Specialist, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!