Business Intelligence Developer II
Company: Sierra Nevada Corporation
Posted on: October 11, 2019
This position is responsible for working with End Users, Business
Analysts, and Data Warehouse teams to ensure a tight fit between BI
environment, business requirements, and the Enterprise Data
Management (EDM) platform. The BI Developer designs, configures and
manages the BI tools and applications environment, develops the
BI-specific semantic and metadata layer, creates reports/report
definitions, creates and delivers end user training and
documentation, and provides support to power users who design and
author BI content/reports that enable end user decisions on behalf
of their departmental colleagues.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Install, configure, deploy, maintain, and tune BI tools,
including SAP Business Objects (BO) Enterprise, Lumira, and other
extensions as necessary.
- Audit and benchmark BI tool functionality, security, access,
rights, and performance. Troubleshoot issues as necessary while
providing professional customer service.
- Create, modify, customize and maintain BI objects, reports,
report templates, and content organization.
- Work on basic to moderately complex projects with individual
- Solicit coaching on business functions and complex programming
issues from peer groups.
- Work closely with Data Warehouse development and other IT staff
when interfacing with business units and tackling complex
- Responsible for designing and documenting functional
requirements for business application reporting.
- Work independently on assigned tasks to fulfill requested
changes, enhancements and updates to existing
applicationsADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled
- Other duties as assignedCOMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies,
Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and
responsibilities, as defined by managementSNC job descriptions are
meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all
duties and responsibilities of a position.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND
- Requires a BA/BS in related field
- 3+ Years Business Intelligence Developer II--
- Translation of business questions and requirements into BI
universes, views, reports, and query objects.
- Working knowledge of BI tool architectures, functions,
features, and customization options, preferably within the SAP
Business Objects Suite.
- Understanding of SQL-based relations and multidimensional
designs. Strong problem solving and metadata skills.
- Required attributes for this position include a strong sense of
customer/solution ownership, an overall drive for excellence, and a
proven ability to successfully complete assigned duties
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant
must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.,
protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or
eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S.
Department of State.Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity Employer--- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran,
or any other protected statuspursuant to applicable local, state or
federal law, ordinance or regulation.
Keywords: Sierra Nevada Corporation, Sparks , Business Intelligence Developer II, Other , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!