Business Systems Analyst III (Contract)
Company: Sierra Nevada Corporation
Posted on: December 3, 2019
SUMMARY:The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for
delivering quality products to customers by understanding end user
needs, building business cases, developing business requirements,
supporting technical design, product development, testing and
deployment. The BSA will consult with SNC business and functional
areas to determine technology requirements that support business
goals and translate those requirements into actionable project
plans.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Requirements Gathering: Interviewing and gathering user
requirements to translate into detailed documentation and project
plans that meet deliverable deadlines.
- Team facilitation: Facilitate all work teams including internal
Business and IT users, as well as third party contractors.
- Project Management: Interface with Business and IT users to
scope projects, manage budgets, and oversee development cycle from
inception to completion.
- Data Analysis: Understand business application data to ensure
accuracy, quality and opportunities to integrate between the
- QA Testing: Develop and document system test plans during
project requirements phase, and subsequently conduct and/or
facilitate unit, system and end user application testing.
- Programming/Development: On occasion, observe and assist IT
developers through coding, testing, deploying, maintaining, and
supporting business applications.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
INCLUDE:Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled
work hoursOther duties as assignedCOMPLIANCE
RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC
Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and
external)ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Minimum physical requirements to
perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by
managementSNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only.
They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of
a position.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may
substitute for required education.
- Functional knowledge of system and technology alternatives
- Collaboration, negotiating and influencing skills
- Demonstrated strength in requirements analysis and use case
- Ability to analyze business systems and/or business processes
to identify user needs, document requirements, and address
operation/process issues/improvements to accomplish business
- Strong knowledge of project planning and execution
- Understanding of analysis and software development life cycle
methodologies (business requirements documents, data flow diagrams,
case tool analysis, work & process flow diagrams, Agile)
- Working knowledge of business process to be able to effectively
drive solutions as experienced in large corporate environments
- Strong documentation, presentation and facilitation
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security
Clearance requiredIMPORTANT NOTICE:This position requires the
ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance. U.S.
Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active
U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be
eligible to obtain a security clearance.-- The Department of
Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal
government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security
clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative
factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination
include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign
influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security
violations and illegal drug use.Sierra Nevada Corporation is an
Equal Opportunity Employer--- Minority / Female / Disability /
Veteran, or any other protected statuspursuant to applicable local,
state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
Keywords: Sierra Nevada Corporation, Sparks , Business Systems Analyst III (Contract), Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!