Posted on: August 30, 2020
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to
join the Production Test Engineering(PTE) Team. The electrical
engineer is responsible for test equipment design and maintenance
of end of line Powertrain Test Equipment for the Tesla Model 3 &
energy products as well as supporting design, production & quality
teams on future Tesla programs. Electrical Engineer within the PTE
Team requires strong engineering skills, a passion to push the
boundaries of technology, and the drive to make our designs
successful. You must have a genuine passion for engineering
products that will fundamentally change the world s energy
infrastructure, and thrive working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial
environment. The PTE Team collaborates closely with other
departments, requiring a team player mentality. Our team requires
each individual to be self-motivated and disciplined.
* Work closely with the design team to develop low cost, highly
reliable, and automated test fixtures for powertrain end of line
* Responsible for the development of new and existing test
software, hardware, and procedures for all products. This includes,
but is not limited to, LabView and Windows programs.
* Troubleshoot, define, and initiate corrective actions for field
failures as well as production issues.
* Maintains up-to-date thorough knowledge of applicable product
design and test specification changes.
* Develop/Design test station hardware control/safety logic.
* Design PCB for end of arm tooling per test requirements.
* Provide test procedures for Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
* Validation and characterization of new equipment and fixtures for
introduction to the production floor.
* Specification development for test equipment and providing
technical support to manufacturing in determining proper test
equipment and testing procedures per industry standards.
* Research and benchmark competitive technologies and innovative
* Support production ramp & ongoing/continuous product/process
* Maintenance of test fixtures and test equipment calibration
* Training test technicians and line operators on test
* Experience and knowledge in electrical testing and applications
of Inverters, Battery Packs, Battery Management Systems & AC
* Experience with Auto CAD Electrical, Altium Designer & Labview
* Experience with electrical panel & PCB
* Basic programming knowledge like c, python, c++, HTML preferred &
Understanding of communication protocols Rs-232 & modbus TCP/IP
* Knowledge of all applicable electrical standards related to EV
* Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally
* Ability to perform various roles and responsibilities from day to
day, including, but not limited to test procedure, design test
fixtures, interaction with manufacturing, production, design
engineers and supply chain management.
* Strong troubleshooting skills required
* Strong interpersonal skills and effective communicator
* Good Attendance, Initiative, responsible follow-through, and a
willingness to help.
* Knowledge of quality tools like FMEA, and fault tree analysis is
Required Soft Skills
* Detail-oriented personality with solid documentation and
reporting skills Passionate about product design.
* Can-Do attitude understands when to get their hands dirty
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other
factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Tesla, Sparks , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!