Entry Level Shipping Clerk
Company: Via Inc
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Via Seating is hiring for a Shipping Clerk to join our team in
Sparks, NV!!The Shipping Clerk is responsible for handling outgoing
merchandise in an organized manner by weighing packages,
determining shipment methods by reading orders, creating bills of
lading, arranging for shipment, estimating costs, updating records,
and inserting items into containers. The Shipping Clerk is expected
to demonstrate organizational skills, multitasking, attention to
detail, good communication abilities, and basic IT skills. They are
also expected to safely operate both forklifts and pallet jacks.
The Shipping Clerk is a safety-sensitive position.All Positions are
Day Shifts from 5:00am - 3:30pm Monday - Thursday.Rate of Pay
Starts at $16.50/hour, possibly more DOE!At Via Seating, we are
builders, kitters, sewers, developers and engineers - inspired by
the chair. We believe great things should happen in that chair. In
America, the average person is sitting a total of 13 hours a day.
That's 4,745 hours a year. That's a lot of hours. A lot of hours
that should be filled by great things. Great things needing a great
chair. With this in mind, our teams research, brainstorm and
develop. We build, test and improve. Together, we drive our
thoughts, our creativity and our hearts into making a quality,
lasting, durable and captivating, great chair. In fact, we're so
invested in it, we've been doing it for over thirty years. It's no
wonder our passion for seating is so contagious.We offer a very
generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits after 60 days - Premiums
start at $10.83 per paycheck
- 9 Paid Holidays per year
- 15 Days of Paid Time Off Annually after 90 days
- 401K Participation with up to a 4% company match after 90
- Referral Bonuses of up to $800.00 per hired employee
- Prescription Safety Glasses Provided After 90 days
- Quarterly Bonuses based on Team Goals
- Anniversary Bonuses
- Bi-Annual Company Celebrations
- Contests and Giveaways during Quarterly Company Meetings
- Additional Voluntary Benefits including;
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical or Dependent Care
- Identity and Legal ProtectionsDiscover our love for great
seating. Join us in making great things happen in a
chair!Competencies: An individual should demonstrate the following
competencies to perform the essential functions of this position
- Time ManagementManaging ones own time under the guidelines of
the department supervisor to accomplish daily production
- Critical ThinkingUsing logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Operation MonitoringWatches gauges, dials, or other indicators
to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Active ListenerGives full attention to what other people are
saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Quality control - demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and
monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment and
able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - consistently at work and on time, follows
instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits
feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security - the individual actively promotes and
personally observes safety and security procedures and uses
equipment and materials properly.Desired Education and Skills:
- A high school diploma/degree or GED is preferred.
- Previous experience in a warehouse shipping environment is
preferred, but we are willing to train!!
- Must have computer operation skills to be able use email and
shipping vendor software.Physical Demands:
- Vision, hearing and speaking to meet performance standard.
- Required to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to learn and safely use both a forklift and a
pallet jack on a regular basis.
- The ability to independently safely lift and carry up to 50
pounds on a regular basis and to safely lift and carry up to 75
pounds, as necessary.
Keywords: Via Inc, Sparks , Entry Level Shipping Clerk, Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!