Building Maintenance Tech- Year Round
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: January 7, 2022
About Palisades TahoePalisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort
in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight
peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history
as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital,
and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes
across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access
to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed
its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects
its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call
1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram,
Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Olympic Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat,
Solitude and more!
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, etc.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees.
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, short term & long-term disability insurance, HSAs/FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
AlpineTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following;
other duties may be assigned:
- Maintains buildings by performing carpentry, painting,
plumbing, electrical wiring and other related maintenance
activities. Makes repairs and adjustments as necessary.
- Checks pumps, compressors, fans, heating, and exhaust
- Heavy labor, snow removal, hauling trash, and furniture
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and vacuums floors.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms, including toilets and
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Stocking paper goods.
- Performs snow removal using snowblower, shovels, and
- Clean mirrors, windows, fixtures and breezeway as needed.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Changes lights, assists with large boxes, assists other
departments.Competencies and Job Requirements: Required:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.Physical Requirements: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and smell. Must be
capable of walking or standing 100% or more of a normal 8 hour work
shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting, pushing or
pulling up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.Working
Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job,
the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.Hazardous
Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually
moderate. This employee will frequently be exposed to fumes, odors,
dusts, ventilationEquipment Used in Job: Chemical cleaning agents,
household cleaning products and equipment. Construction tools-
hammers, saws, hand tools, etc.Chart: Physical
LiftedXNot Required1/32/3More than 2/3Lifting, Carrying, Pulling,
Pushing FrequencyXStanding FrequencyXWalking FrequencyXSitting
FrequencyXSkiing/Snowboarding FrequencyXUsing Hands/FingersXUsing
Hands to FeelXReaching w/ Hands/ArmsXClimb or BalanceXStoop, Kneel,
Crouch or CrawlXTalk or HearXTaste or
to Adjust FocusXXExperiencePreferred
- Electrical and/or plumbing skills
- Previous housekeeping/maintenance experienceEducationPreferred
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Sparks , Building Maintenance Tech- Year Round, Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!