Company: Stella-Jones Inc.
Location: Silver Springs
Posted on: January 15, 2022
"Where our people and our products are essential"
Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial
pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital
infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute
railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood
products across the continent. Stella-Jones recruits team members
who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth
is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded.
Our ever-expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career
advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
Stella-Jones is seeking a qualified Dispatcher for our Silver
Springs, NV location. This role is responsible for effective
communications with transportation suppliers, internal company and
external company customers. Coordinates transportation and delivery
of products to ensure low cost, quality service, and on-time
delivery. In this position, the right candidate is energetic,
professional, a quick learner and has proven organizational skills.
This position contributes to a team that is focused on accuracy,
timeliness, and managing all the details.
* Responsible for dispatching drivers/in-out bound carriers as need
to supply on-time, cost effective service and coordinate with
customer service, drivers, yard coordinators, and driver
* Responsible for optimizing delivery routes for drivers before
each shift. Looks for opportunities in efficiencies throughout the
operation, delivery, yard and reports monthly on feedback and
suggestions for improvement.
* Track truck movements to assure we have a method of monitoring
on-time pick up and on-time delivery.
* Communicate and resolve issues, problems and concerns with
drivers and customers as it relates to service deliveries, claims,
directions, driver paperwork, DOT, permits and other issues.
* Look for opportunities to use combined company drivers and
contracted carriers to minimize freight costs.
* Defines high volume one and two-way freight lanes and works to
develop advantageous sourcing strategies for each specific freight
* Participates and contributes to company safety program.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Education: High School Diploma or GED.
* Experience: 2-4 years relevant transportation and dispatching
experience, including shipping/receiving and inventory in a
* Ability to work tactfully with transportation carriers,
accounting, data processing and sales personnel.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, database software, word
processing software, and presentation software.
* Ability to work independently or as part of the team.
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent
benefits and incentives including:
* The security of working for a company designated as an essential
* Comprehensive total benefits package
* Several company-paid benefits including:
* Dental and Vision coverage
* Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
* Long-Term Disability Coverage
* Access to a robust employee assistance program
* Competitive compensation
* Annual bonus program opportunity
* 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the
first 4% deferred)
* Paid time off and holidays
* Career advancement opportunities
* Ability to purchase Company stock
Keywords: Stella-Jones Inc., Sparks , Dispatcher, Professions , Silver Springs, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!