Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Company: Panasonic Energy North America
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Reporting to the Director-Lean Six Sigma MBB, the Black Belt
will lead projects with average savings per projects of $250,000
and concurrently lead 2-4 projects of this magnitude. Most of these
projects will be very complex and will typically involve efforts
across many functional areas within a Business Unit and sometimes
across multiple Business Units. Projects should typically range
from three to six months, full time.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams to drive breakthrough
performance in people, quality, material flow, and cost
Apply Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies/DMAIC process to
improve or solve manufacturing problems by reducing cost/waste or
improving quality and/or capability
- Work effectively with operations and support functions to
translate process improvement findings into sustained improvements
and standard work
- Define process quality issues, measure current process
performance, analyze root cause defects, and develop targeted
process improvement opportunities with process owners/business
- Works directly with Senior leaders and Master Black Belt to
identify projects & set priority
- Contributes to development of PENA Lean Six Sigma
- Executes established method for benefit
- Conducts data analysis on program results to establish and
- Working closely with Operations and Functional Teams to
identify process bottlenecks, conduct root cause analysis and
implement process improvements & digital solutions across the
business or organization.
- Setting, validating, and auditing measurement systems to
deliver business impact.
- Building Process Excellence culture in the team.
- Providing Team Leadership in the application of Lean & Six
Sigma tools and Production system methodology.
- Driving Standardization and Best Practices within the
organization by leveraging experts across Production, IT, and other
- Driving change management within Operations and customer
- Supporting the MBB with driving the agreed governance
- Conducting Yellow Belt, Lean and Green Belt level Training
classes within the organization.
- Coaches and mentors Green Belts, Yellow Belts, and other senior
members of the organization relative to process improvement
- Executing and tracking the annual financial goals assigned by
the CI function management.
- Building strategic relationship skills experience with peers
and with operating leaders to facilitate goals and
- Clarifying the roles and appoints responsibilities of each
member of the team
- Challenging the team to develop as leaders
- Basic/Required: Bachelor s degree in engineering or a related
field from a four-year College or University
- Must have 5 years of continuous improvement experience with 2
years as a full time Black Belt
- Demonstrated project portfolio of successful DMAICs and Kaizen
- Must have strong technical background, including high volume
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Preferred: Black Belt certification
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with
Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing
facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known
for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic
manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the
world s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc.
Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to
produce cells which will double the world s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric
Vehicles a reality by production of the world s safest,
highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we
will create a clean energy society and our products will change
society s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Keywords: Panasonic Energy North America, Sparks , Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!