Transportation Coordinator Inbound
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Chewy is hiring for a Transportation Coordinator at our Reno, NV
location. This position is critical in ensuring that customer
orders ship in a timely manner and damaged free. This position is
responsible for understanding the freight process and equipment
necessary for successful shipments.
What You'll Do:
- Ensures that freight is loaded properly in trailers for
shipment to customers.
- Work with Operations and local delivery vendors to ensure we
are making adjustments to the process to ensure the 100% delivery
success. (ie more sweeps)
- Familiar with the sorter process and audits packages to ensure
that it is working correctly.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure timely delivery. Ensure that
trailers in the yard are being prioritized correctly and that
nothing is left behind or taken to the wrong facility. -
- Act as a SME on the shipment process and partner with
Operations on ensuring its success.
- Audit the process and document any delivery issues. Work with
Operations and transportation to ensure solutions are defined and
- Perform other duties as assigned. -
What You'll Need:
- 1 to 3 years warehouse / distribution experience; specifically
related to outbound shipment experience preferred. -
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem solving
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part
of a team.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Microsoft Excel and Outlook experience required. -
- eCommerce -background is a plus.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 65
lbs. and bend, lift safely and repetitively
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions
from oral instructions or written correspondence
- Good communicator and active listener
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and safety
- High level of professionalism and strong work ethic
- The ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks and handle multiple tasks at
- Adhere to quality and performance standards
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team-oriented
environment with an emphasis on total customer
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace
diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act
or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you
wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for
employment at Chewy, please contact . -
regarding information collected from job applicants and how we use
it, please click here: -).
Keywords: Chewy, Sparks , Transportation Coordinator Inbound, Professions , Fallon, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!