Sr Maintenance Mechanic
Company: Highline Warren
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Senior Maintenance Mechanic is responsible
for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and
improving all plant equipment, including mechanical, electrical,
hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs plant equipment
including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Responsible for reducing equipment downtime.
- Recommends and makes improvements to plant equipment.
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality
- Installs, programs, troubleshoots, and repairs programmable
logic controller (PLC).
- Performs electrical wiring from low voltage through 480 volt 3
phase industrial systems.
- Efficiently use the company's enterprise resource program and
software to track preventive maintenance activities and maintain
department paperwork and records.
- Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area,
machines, and equipment.
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to
reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate
supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and
procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all
applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned
work location. May be required to work irregular shifts and be on
call. This job description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned. MARGINAL FUNCTIONS The individual may be
asked to perform other duties as requested by management. REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES An individual qualified for this
job must be able to:
- Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and
- Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to
resolve practical problems.
- Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and
reporting software effectively.
- Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Understand written instruction and complete appropriate
documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and
prioritizing production needs.
- Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the
solution of those problems.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing
work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or
increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers,
team members, and internal or external customers. Present
information clearly and accurately.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or
increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers,
internal/external customers, and vendors.
- Do the right thing, even when it is difficult. MINIMUM
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS An individual qualified
for this job must have and maintain the following qualifications:
- 2-year technical school degree in a related field and 3 or more
years of related work experience, or any satisfactory combination
of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills
and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Journeyman electrical license is a plus. PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an individual to
successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remain in a stationary position while troubleshooting and
- Regularly move about to access different parts of the plant and
when transporting parts, equipment and sections of conveyor
weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Move and position products when installing and repairing
motors, gearboxes, and conveyors weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Position products on pallets/carts and maneuver gearboxes and
motors requiring up to 85 pounds of force.
- Position oneself to access lower levels of equipment when
repairing, trouble shooting, or installing parts.
- Reach forward and overhead when accessing various areas of
- Ascend/descend stairs/ladders to access and work atop
conveyors, using scissor and boom lifts, and when trouble shooting
and hanging conveyors.
- Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and
equipment, as well as a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and
have the ability to exchange detailed information.
- Move about the manufacturing facility to observe and
effectively communicate with team members and perform job
- Visually observe and interact with associates and equipment in
the plant setting. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS The environmental
conditions described here are representative of those the associate
encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
- The individual will be expected to work in a manufacturing
plant environment, which may include being exposed to work in high,
precarious and confined spaces, outdoor weather conditions, work
near moving mechanical parts, and extreme heat. Typical noise level
is loud. The individual may be exposed to toxic or caustic
Keywords: Highline Warren, Sparks , Sr Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!