Company: White Cap
Posted on: June 21, 2022
A position at White Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an
exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have
a variety of career opportunities. The White Cap family is
committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being
deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our
associates are the driving force behind this commitment. Job
Summary Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading,
unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication,
counter and delivering product (when needed) to customers. This
position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal
Vehicle and such operation may be done during the course of the
average work week. If selected for this position, the company will
run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this
position is an acceptable MVR report. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Completes tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking,
stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods. May be
required to carry heavy merchandise up and down stairs while using
body straps and/or furniture dolly for merchandise 50-300
- Checks items against purchase orders and packing slips and
reports shortages, damages, and other discrepancies.
- Files orders for delivery; places supplies and equipment in
- Operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete
- Drive company vehicles, on occasion to pick up incoming stock
or deliver materials to designated locations. Serve as an emergency
driver when needed for backup. (Non-CDL)
- Performs routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications If you're
looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our
open opportunities. We can't wait to meet you. Functional Area
Logistics Recruiter Sgrizzi, Ashley Req ID WCJR-004878 White Cap is
an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Sparks , Driver Associate, Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!