Company: Insight Staffing Group
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionThis position will be responsible to schedule,
plan and oversee work of the hourly electrical employees and Plant
Instrumentation Technicians. S/he will ensure all workers comply
with government and safety standards and be the area expert for any
and all routine electrical and control systems. A high level of
technical experience in order to maintain, install and repair
wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of
machinery and equipment, structures, facilities, power and control
systems and tools following electrical code, manuals,
specifications, schematics, and blueprints as needed to meet
production needs. The Electrical Supervisor will report to the
Maintenance Manager. This role embraces a strong commitment to
safety as a core value and ensures compliance with all applicable
Federal/State Regulations and EP Minerals
Health/Safety/Environmental practices and procedures. Essential Job
- Manage the planning direction and performance of
instrumentation and electrical maintenance tasks, to include review
and oversee of preventative and predictive electrical
- Coordinate with department heads and other supervisors to
provide a high level of electrical support and guidance as needed
to ensure day-to-day issue resolution and process reliability.
- Oversee and guide instrumentation electrical maintenance
personnel; assist with installation of electrical circuits, pulling
wire, installing conduit, wiring electrical panels,
replacing/installing contactors, replacing/installing motors and
troubleshooting of all electrical/electronic circuits.
- Provide expert level experience to troubleshoot motor circuits,
wire, fuses, solid state contactors, solid state overloads,
electronic overloads, thermal couplers, P&ID loops, understand
process variables, voltage calculations, electrical one-line
diagrams, wiring diagrams, schematics, and process flow charts
- Integrate new devices and logic into the control system in
order to complete projects identified by plant management.
- Exercise a high level of technical knowledge to gather,
install, inspect, maintain repairs, modify, troubleshoot, and tests
electrical and electronic systems and equipment. Equipment may
include; motors, generators, motor control centers, switch gear,
lighting circuits, A.C. and D.C. variable speed drives, VFDs, solid
state boards, electronic process control devices and electronic
- Oversee, teach, and use as needed test instruments, test
equipment and tools such as; voltmeters, ampere meters, and other
electrical analyzing / test equipment as needed to properly
troubleshoot and diagnose issues.
- Highly adept at identifying equipment by its assigned equipment
number to insure proper lockout. Also, able to identify by the
equipment physical appearance, location, and its representation on
the mill flow diagrams.
- Work overtime and/or on-call coverage as scheduled, needed or
- Additional duties as assigned may consist of the following, but
are not limited to:
- Assist supervisors, planners and manager in the planning /
scheduling of electrical work.
- Ensure shop areas, work areas, stores and tools are kept clean,
orderly, and secure.
- Attend technical and leadership training classes.
- Lead role with four direct reports. RequirementsRequired
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Field of study preferred: Controls, instrumentation and
- 5+ years experience in controls, instrumentation and
electrical; heavy industrial setting preferred.
- Supervisory experiences required.
- Must have working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC)
and NFPA 70E.
- Troubleshoot - PLCs, VFDs and three phase motors.
- MCC / Switchgear knowledge is necessary.
- Must have ability in troubleshooting control circuits and have
knowledge of medium voltage terminations.
- Instrumentation and Motor Control knowledge is preferred.
- Understanding of conductor selection/calculations and cable
- Experience with networking, fiber optic, and CAT5/6 knowledge
is a plus.
- Knowledge in Allen Bradley RS Logix Studio 5000, RSLinx
- Comply with all corporate policies and the Mine Safety & Health
Administration (MSHA) while working.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers
and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative
solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses
reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to train, coach, mentor, and lead Electrician I, II, &
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane, solid geometry
and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts, such as, fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
Plans for additional resources.
- Able to start, stop and operate all equipment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Possess an excellent safety record.
- Consistently at work and on time.
- Meet schedules and deadlines on time.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes in the work
Keywords: Insight Staffing Group, Sparks , Electrical Supervisor, Professions , Lovelock, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!