Automated Warehouse Technician
Company: Hamilton Company
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Hamilton Company is a worldwide leader in the design and
manufacture of manual, semi-automated and robotic products for
precision fluid measuring. We specialize in the development,
manufacturing and customization of precision measurement devices,
automated liquid handling stations, and sample management systems.
For more than 60 years, Hamilton has been satisfying customer needs
by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship, ensuring
the highest level of performance of every precision fluid measuring
device we manufacture.
The role of an automated warehouse technician is to ensure nominal
operation of the automated warehouse execution system and its
associated robotic cells, performing error recovery and minimizing
downtime. A background in industrial automation, in-line process
controls, control systems diagnostics, as well as systems
maintenance and/or repair would make for a strong candidate.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Start-up, operate, and perform error recovery on automated
handling, packaging, and conveyance equipment.
- Utilize software, status indicators, and human machine
interfaces to maintain nominal operation of automated systems and
- Responsible for the safe, professional, and operationally sound
manipulation of electrical and mechanical systems that support
systems in high-availability, high-risk, or high-reliability
- Troubleshoot system faults and perform repairs when machines
develop problems, preferably while processes continue to run.
- Excellent communication between operators, maintenance
personnel, process technicians, and leadership, both verbally and
written. Elevate issues to management as appropriate.
- Responsible for the timely completion and adequacy of assigned
tasks for performance and compliance with company standards.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area
according to Hamilton Company SOP.
- Use of basic hand tools and electrical metering equipment will
occasionally be required to perform necessary repairs.
- Assist maintenance technicians in preventative maintenance to
minimize equipment failures.
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Regularly monitor and supervises critical equipment and
responds to irregular or malfunctioning conditions.
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Accountable for regular and consistent attendance.
- Able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to think critically and be detail-oriented to
solve problems and follow complex work instructions.
- Must be able to remain calm and composed under pressure and
respond quickly to emergency situations/ critical failures that
impact the operations and coordinates with other critical
facilities professionals to perform corrective actions.
- Must be comfortable using computers, touch screen interfaces,
control panels, and applications necessary to perform the job.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, and the windows
environment is encouraged.
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics and wiring
diagrams to better trace system faults.
- Work with metric and standard systems of measurement.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals.
- Possess strong Interpersonal and communication skills for
writing reports, interfacing with manufacturing, engineering,
logistics, leadership, etc.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply new information quickly
- Ability to sit, stand, push, pull, bend, stoop, reach, and lift
as required, on a continuous basis, with items that can weigh up to
- Ability to operate a forklift, pallet, jack, or other material
handling equipment after adequate training is provide.
- Use of a ladder or lift to access and repair equipment that is
out of reach.
- High School diploma/GED is required.
- Additional schooling (AA, certification, or technical school)
- 3+ years of Experience in the fields of: Automation Operations,
Maintenance, Warehousing, Electronics
- Additional expertise within the disciplinary field may be
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth
- Commitment to sustainable design
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Benefit Package includes medical, dental, vision
insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, disability
insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more
- Solid Stable Company
- Drug free workplace Associated topics: associate, ayudante de
almacen y reparto, coordinator, logistics, logistics agent,
stocker, supply chain, warehouse agent, warehouse operation,
Keywords: Hamilton Company, Sparks , Automated Warehouse Technician, Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!